• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What Did You Learn In 2012?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
So what did the members of ausbb - Australian bodybuilding learn in the past year ?. Maybe a new exercise , a new supplement, or maybe you tried a new training program that worked .

oh, who?

I learnt that eating a certain amount will help my progress, and eating more than that will just get me fat (unless I work out some see-saw way to lift weights involving my bodyweight).

eat earth grown nutrients. dont count calories, make calories count!*

*Mike Dolce

In 2012 I learned that after all the bulking I'd done getting from 60kg to 75kg, much less of it was muscle mass than I'd have liked. I learned that gaining 0.5kg/wk, while easier for me to maintain than either a higher or lower rate of weight gain, is still way too much for me. I learned that intermittent fasting is more pleasant than how I cut in 2011 (which was basically just cutting back on all carbs), although I expect that there's still more comfortable ways for me to go about this, especially if I get rid of the internal dialogue that there's a big sense of urgency in how much fat I should be losing in a given time. I learned that I'm profoundly inefficient at the olympic lifts. I learned that it's hard to become competent at high-bar squatting. I learned that I can hook-grip a deadlift without my thumbs exploding, even though they will protest and insist that they are exploding. I learned that my healthy meals at Subway give me just as many calories (and sometimes more) than what I eat at Hungry Jack's. I learned how to use a false grip to do muscle ups, although I never got a successful full muscle up. I learned a thing or two about glute drive and my stretch strength reflex.

That people who complain about back pain aren't pussies. Until I had my back issues I was quite un-sympathetic to anyone who 'whinged about back pain'. Now I know how debilitating it can be.

learned that counting calories works wonders for me and keeping track of my workouts will help me progress in my goals

Learned that counting calories leaves me hungry. and that I will never count calories again:rolleyes:

I learnt that everyrhing on the internetz is not true.

the key is to know who to listen to, and know who is basically stealing your thunder for their own greed

too much negativity on the internet these days, like this BODYBUILDING site full of people who have zero interest in bodybuilding

then preach strength or some other shit, instead of just going to a relevant forum on that subject and become apart of that community

I have no problems going for PB's on calorie consumption, I think last night I would have set some sort of record:p

i mean no disrespect, im simply stating a fact, you said in a diet thread you disagreed with someones methods, but state in the last 12yrs you can finally see your top 2 abs

well it does take Einstein to see you obviously dont have things dialed, and obviously your idea of what a good nutrition is not actually really good nutrition!

my point is not a slam, i respect your enthusiasm, but let the ego go, get back to basics and soak up what the lifestyle changes needed to reach your goals

we live and learn, dont be stubborn, sure, dont be anal but find a balance

check out mike dolce podcast on itunes mate