• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Low Test Levels - Possible TRT?

elke

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster today

Long story short I've been training for about 3 years now, and my diet and and training are quite on point, I've never had anything against steroids but I just never had to desire to use.

However a few days ago I had to get my bloodwork done for some stuff, and I requested a testosterone reading for curiosity sake..

It came back like this:

Testosterone 9.6 nmol/L
SHBG 15 nmol/L
Calc Free Test 0.3 nmol/L

analytical system: Roche E170

reference intervals:
adult male:
testosterone 8.0-30.0
SHBG 10-45
calc free test 0.2-0.6

**the free test calculation assumes a serum/plasma albumin value of 44 g/L the reference interval is provisional

some other factors:

I hadn't had sex or wacked off for 3-4 days when I got my bloodwork done, and it was fasted in the morning though I was dehydrated. I also currently take zinc every night (can't remember exact amount)

At the moment I'm eating at a caloric deficit, and also on Accutane (just started second cycle, first was 40mg for 8 months, now i'm currently on 20mg a day for 14 days then 40 mg for 9 months and 2 weeks)

I've never done any steroids or prohormones or anything before

Now the doctor herself told me I was perfectly fine, even though I repeatedly said I was concerned because even though I was over the "acceptable" range of 8.0... my test seemed pathetically low... basically borderline. When I converted it to ng/dl it was like 270 and I pretty much read on US forums that anything under 300 is already very low and eligible for TRT. However my doctor said it was fine and I was 'normal'.

The problem is I think that's very subjective and I think the range is huge for what should be normal.. however I might be wrong! I don't know but as somebody who cares about training (as opposed to somebody who is not interested at all) having this low of a total test at 24 worries me alot.

I like to do my own research but considering I've never really thought about the subject before I've only begun reading last night so I have a couple of questions to those experienced..

From what I've read it seems the SHBG being lower is better.. since mine is quite low on the range... I guess that's a good thing? And the main thing that matters is the free test, but mine seems quite low as well!

So I guess first thing is, where do I go from here? Should I get more tests done? Go to a different doctor etc.? I read something about LH levels but it doesn't appear on this test... How do I get that read?

Are my test levels pathetically low or am I misinterpreting them and my doctor is right?

And finally, if I was to choose to get on TRT or even go through an alternative source, how would this conflict with my acne? I know that steroids increases acne - I have 0 body acne but I've had problems with facial acne in the past. My first cycle of accutane was great, but it came back 3-4 months later so now I'm on my second cycle. Would I be safe to inject while on accutane or should I wait until this is done? Will my acne come back etc :(

To be totally honest with you guys I've never even really considered going on steroids.. until what I found out with my bloodwork and I'm quite concerned. I don't want to be a 'normal guy' that's on, I just want to have the same T levels as somebody who is the upper levels of normal I guess.

Sorry for the wall of text, and I appreciate any input ... thanks :D

It sounds like you were only checking test levels for curiosity sake and hence i take it you're happy with your workouts etc as is. The doctor has confirmed you're in the normal range and eveything is fine so in my opinion that should be enough.

If you choose to search for more information just make sure you're not only searching for the answer you want to hear.

Your in the normal range like your doctor said.

If you want to get on the gear find a drug dealer.