• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

60g of creatine a day for 1 month

0ni

Registered Rustler
I will be taking 60g of creatine every day for 1 month starting tomorrow.
This is to see what a massive dose would do, as most of the protocols people use are 20g a day for only 5 days and then 2-5g a day. I personally do not think this is enough to maintain supraphysiological levels of creatine.

30g is about the most my body can possibly hold in creatine so I thought I'd double that number as creatine is cheap and safe. There will be weekly pics.

Here is the starting pic. It's without a pump, unlike my other photos. I'll probably take some with the pump as well

XmmSrXg.jpg

I guess this thread will answer the myth (or not) of creatine being bad for the liver :p

Isn't there controversy as to how much creatine is actually absorbed. Won't you piss most of this out.

Can you get a different haircut.

Best of fuck, let the game begin.

Last edited:
Interesting. It's like you read my mind, I have though about this as well after reading about it recently. 60 grams per day seems to the recommended dosage.

It is supposed to have great results. I was a bit worried about the safety aspect of it but ordered 2kg of creatine yesterday regardless. Was goings up it to 25 gram a day to see if it made a difference.

At 60 grams a day a kilo will only last you 16 says. But at $19 a kilo it's cheap enough I suppose.

Will be watching this with interest.

At that dosage I would say Oni that most of it will just be pissed out.
On another point, there's a flaw with what you're doing because you've got nothing to compare your results with, at the end of the month how will you know that you wouldn't have got the same results by taking 5gm a day?
Also, how will you know whether you could have achieved the same physical result simply with consistent training and not taking any creatine at all?

Creatine over the many years has probably been the most reviewed and tested supplement on the market, I doubt whether you have found out something new about it that no-one else has.

Last edited:
Interested to see the outcomes! I have found in the past that if I have around 20-30 gm in one dose, I get the runs and my stomach feels awful in general. Could just be me though

Interested to see the outcomes! I have found in the past that if I have around 20-30 gm in one dose, I get the runs and my stomach feels awful in general. Could just be me though

I used to get a crook gut with anything over 10g :(

Hate to see the member of the month die. Just a quick google scan: Benefits of Creatine (UPDATED)

Creatine is LIKELY SAFE for most people when used at recommended doses. Creatine can cause stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, and muscle cramping.

When taken by mouth in high doses, creatine is POSSIBLY UNSAFE. There is some concern that it could harm the kidney, liver, or heart function. However, a connection between high doses and these negative effects has not been proven.

Creatine causes muscles to draw water from the rest of your body. Be sure to drink extra water to make up for this. Also, if you are taking creatine, don't exercise in the heat. It might cause you to become dehydrated.

There is some concern that combining creatine with caffeine and the herb ephedra (also called Ma Huang) might increase the chance of having serious side effects such as stroke.

There is concern that creatine might cause irregular heartbeat in some people. But more information is needed to know if creatine can cause this problem.

There is concern that creatine might cause a skin condition called pigmented purpuric dermatosis in some people. But more information is needed to know if creatine can cause this problem.

0ni dies / investigation found creatine OD / creatine's banned in Aus in 3 months /we lose again

im assuming here (and wow...its a big assumption :p ), that you are going to spread the creatine out over the day. perhaps 5-15gm 4-12 times a day yes? ive read things recomemding up to 30gm...but farked of i remember where.