• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

60g of creatine a day for 1 month

only killing you'll be doing is to the toilet since you're going to be squirting shit in it like 10 times a day.

do yourself a favour and buy some of those "refresher wipes" and good 3 ply paper.

only killing you'll be doing is to the toilet since you're going to be squirting shit in it like 10 times a day.

do yourself a favour and buy some of those "refresher wipes" and good 3 ply paper.

Dunno what you're on about, I've not had anything like that
No side effects whatsoever
It's creatine...

yes, for some, they like to leave no stone unturned. Heaven forbid they dont saturate the intended target cell enough. And to hell with side effects.

and what does thousands of articles mean on the subject? asbolutely nothing. Better to be a sacrificial lamb to help people on the forum, as if we dont already know the answer.

yes, for some, they like to leave no stone unturned. Heaven forbid they dont saturate the intended target cell enough. And to hell with side effects.

and what does thousands of articles mean on the subject? asbolutely nothing. Better to be a sacrificial lamb to help people on the forum, as if we dont already know the answer.

What is the answer???

60 gram is the dosage suggested in the carb back loading book, and he refers to the latest study in that particular book, and i believe he supplies a reference to the study. I have only read the CBL book, have not read the actual study, but might see of I can find it tonight if I get bored enough.

It may work, i probably should have read article.

There is indeed diminished return for many drugs, the more you take over an optimal dosage, much less benefit results.

For example, one study of 25mg of test propionate per day found that no extra nitrogen was retained over that amount right up to 100mg per day. However, side effects from higher dosages much more severe.

Most studies suggest saturation from creatine on smaller dosages (5g), albeit higher in initial stages. Unlikely that much higher dose will work any better given logic of above. As i said before, i have noticed no one gain any strength from creatine, even taking 20g per day. I have read only one study which suggested bench press gain of 6% after period of creatine use.

Last edited:
If i remember right, Oni once said 100mg of dianabol was not a big dose.

Is that right Oni?

Depends on what you define as "big" and what you're mixing with it.
If you're a top level strongman, 700mg a week of AAS is not a big dose at all

Not only is that paper terribly cited, it lacks further evidence and drew the wrong conclusions from the papers that it did cite.

Creatine supplementation: a com... [Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2003] - PubMed - NCBI
Take this one for example that stated 3g a day was enough to maintain muscle creatine levels.

Firstly, the researchers didn't give 3g a day as a maintenance dose. I literally have no idea where they drew this figure from in the paper you posted. They gave them nothing, 2g a day or 5g a day.

Next, they used an absolutely terrible method of measuring total body creatine levels, excretion. This tells you pretty much nothing. You need to test the muscle free creatine, creatine phosphate and total creatine content. The study I posted shows this and 2g a day was not enough to maintain muscle creatine levels.

The 20g a day loading was also not enough. We know that 20g a day isn't enough for a 70kg male to be fully loaded with Creatine [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7550252] and that it takes 3g/kg to fully load the muscles. It would be about 25g for a 70kg person assuming they are fairly lean of course.

We also know that a 70kg male will also burn 2g of creatine a day by just existing [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1327657] and that a resistance trained individual would burn off far more

Does drinking your own urine have much benefit Oni?

A number of athletes are doing it.

It may work, i probably should have read article.

There is indeed diminished return for many drugs, the more you take over an optimal dosage, much less benefit results.

For example, one study of 25mg of test propionate per day found that no extra nitrogen was retained over that amount right up to 100mg per day. However, side effects from higher dosages much more severe.

Most studies suggest saturation from creatine on smaller dosages (5g), albeit higher in initial stages. Unlikely that much higher dose will work any better given logic of above. As i said before, i have noticed no one gain any strength from creatine, even taking 20g per day. I have read only one study which suggested bench press gain of 6% after period of creatine use.

The study quoted (and I still have not found or read the actual study) does not look at creatine muscle saturation as the main benefit, as the muscles will get saturated fairly quickly at 60 grams per day anyway. The main point of Hyper loading creatine is explained here:

QUOTE CBL:
While it is true that creatine can improve strength and muscle growth beyond normal, I prefer to focus on a recent discovery about creatine, which, instead of being an anabolic effect, is anticatabolic. Creatine may block myostatin production, which can allow significant growth because myostatin is a powerful anti- growth factor. Knock out an antigrowth factor and, consequently, trigger new growth.

He does say MAY, so I guess ONI is giving it a go, good on him for thinking outside the square I guess, and for having the balls to have a go:)

I wouldn't mind reading the study relation to this.