• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

60g of creatine a day for 1 month

spreading out as much as this will be interesting. or more so the load.

keen on the result. got a whole tub sitting here also.

im assuming here (and wow...its a big assumption :p ), that you are going to spread the creatine out over the day. perhaps 5-15gm 4-12 times a day yes? ive read things recomemding up to 30gm...but farked of i remember where.

Cbl book recommends tons of it, he thinks its anti-catabolic

Yeah that's where I got the idea
I checked the forums but no-one ever went up to the 60g a day. He didn't "recommend" it really, he was like 'I don't expect anyone to actually do this- someone will though' lol

That's where I read it, in the CBL book.

Quote from CBL:

While it is true that creatine can improve strength and muscle growth beyond normal, I prefer to focus on a recent discovery about creatine, which, instead of being an anabolic effect, is anticatabolic. Creatine may block myostatin production, which can allow significant growth because myostatin is a powerful anti- growth factor. Knock out an antigrowth factor and, consequently, trigger new growth.
Many hormones signal growth as levels increase, myostatin, however stops muscular growth and cell differentiation when levels are high. Myostatin is one of the key factors that limit the size of skeletal muscle and training lowers the production of myostatin thus allowing muscular hypertrophy. Any dosing schedules exist amongst various expert advisors, gym rats, gurus, but in the most recent, well controlled published studies, sustaining supra- physiological intramuscular concentrations of creatine requires roughly 60 grams of ingested creatine per day divided into multiple doses. This is not a loading phase—for daily supra-physiological levels, this procedure needs to be done every day.
Now, do I expect anyone to consume 60g of creatine per day? Not many people. The effect may not warrant the cost, but I suspect someone will do it. I also suspect that taking 5 grams with each feeding could be highly beneficial. Remember, besides allowing us to squeeze one or two more reps per set, creatine blocks (down regulates) myostatin. This regular dosing of creatine may also help maintain excess storage of intramuscular glycogen by about 15%.

After doing some further reading a 100kg man can store 170 gram of creatine in his body, and we use creatine during exercise.

We alo get creatine from our diet from meat mainly(about 1/2-1 gram per day), and our body can produce about 1 gram of creatine per day.

interesting.
yeah i just went and properly read that section mick.

ill start it again tomorrow.

Just weight out 60 grams of creatine it's a lot of powder to eat. :eek:

I have for the last three days had 5 gram in the morning, 5 gram pre workout, 5 gram intra workout, 5 gram post workout and 5 gram at dinner.

That's 25 grams on workout days and 15 grams on non training days (5 gram AM/noon/PM)

It's still a lot not sure how long I will stick with that. :cool:

Was having just 5 gram a day before that.

Just weight out 60 grams of creatine it's a lot of powder to eat. :eek:

I have for the last three days had 5 gram in the morning, 5 gram pre workout, 5 gram intra workout, 5 gram post workout and 5 gram at dinner.

That's 25 grams on workout days and 15 grams on non training days (5 gram AM/noon/PM)

It's still a lot not sure how long I will stick with that. :cool:

Was having just 5 gram a day before that.

The maximum amount we can shove into muscles is about 3g/kg
I honestly don't think that doing any more than that would provide extra benefit. I'm doubling this though just to see, I'll probably halve it after a month for another month and see if I notice any difference.

I believe the 60gram creatine protocol relies more on blocking or reducing myostatin levels than saturating muscles. The muscle saturation should be achieved in less than a week. But the myostatin levels need to be lowered all the ime to increase growth. Worth a try I guess, still concerned about how safe it is.

Will see how you go. I will continue with my protocol for a while and see, I have 1/2 kg creatine here and two more kilos on the way so should keep me going for a little while.

I will be taking 60g of creatine every day for 1 month starting tomorrow.

You're not worried about any negative side effects to the kidneys, liver, heart etc Onis Maximus?

Last edited:
There is no evidence of any of that ever happening, neither is there any valid hypothesis that it could possibly happen

There is no evidence of any of that ever happening, neither is there any valid hypothesis that it could possibly happen

Have you thought about your pct. You might need res100 to help you bounce back. Even if you do a slow taper I'd go the res100 just to be on the safe side.

Have you thought about your pct. You might need res100 to help you bounce back. Even if you do a slow taper I'd go the res100 just to be on the safe side.

Yes, I would never consider running such an advanced cycle without the use of Online Nutrition's® res100©

Creatine doesn't dehydrate you
Having larger amounts of intracellular fluids has even been proven to help with body temperature control