• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dave Hoff totals 2960

Australia isn't very big on multi-ply lifting so we will never know
His style and equipment probably gives him 100lb, although that is just guessing
Impressive don't get me wrong- but equally funny at what equipped lifting is like in the US. Makes me wonder what Lilliebridge could do!

Is commentary on the squat depth allowed or is it another case of the Emperor's new clothes/multiply suit?

He got called on the 1200 attempt.

Also bombed at WPC worlds on depth

*edit*
no it doesn't.
if it is too tight for the weight you're squatting though it won't stretch out enough to hit depht

What is the biggest pull by an Australian?

Ah yes, I overestimated what 815 is lol.

Still, less than a 1/2 dozen that have pulled 370?

what he has pulled raw vs in a suit isn't necessarily always the best way of comparing.
I've pulled 20kg more raw than in any form of gear, doesn't mean my carryover is -20kg

particularly as that guy reportedly gets as much out of a deadlift suit as he does a bench shirt lolo

1SbaDYa.gif

Highest Australian deadlift I could find was 370kg. 380kg was just missed.
The video is utterly hilarious, it's done in a strongman comp with a suit where sumo is not allowed, so his stance was sumo and he snatch gripped it

Am I the only one that thinks equipped lifting is fucking retarded? A bunch of fat dudes trying to fit into as tight as possible suits so it can do as much of the work as possible.

Also come on that squat was not even close to parallel.

But trying to discount this guy's awesome strength, but with vids like that and we wonder why powerlifting is not a popular sport....