• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Dave Hoff totals 2960

The robot doesn't lift the weight by itself... I still need to be inside it using the controls...

Highest Australian deadlift I could find was 370kg. 380kg was just missed.
The video is utterly hilarious, it's done in a strongman comp with a suit where sumo is not allowed, so his stance was sumo and he snatch gripped it

Big George has pulled 380

I'm not defending the SPF in any way, they're a joke, but get inside a squat suit or bench shirt and try to lift that weigth. You'll gain newfound respect for equipped lifters.

I'm not defending the SPF in any way, they're a joke, but get inside a squat suit or bench shirt and try to lift that weigth. You'll gain newfound respect for equipped lifters.

I get that and I respect that he is stronger then I ever will be.

I still don't understand why these guys do it, I think they just get caught up in chasing bigger and bigger numbers. Still seems retarded to me.

I still don't understand why these guys do it, I think they just get caught up in chasing bigger and bigger numbers. Still seems retarded to me.

With SPF its all about putting up bigger numbers it seems, integrity be damned. A lot of those American feds seem like that. I've heard of one introducing wraps to raw recently because they wanted their lifters to rank higher on Powerlifting Watch...

However you can't be bunching all equipped lifters together. IPF lifters are restricted to single-ply and actually have to walk squats out and hit proper depth and there are at least a few other feds that stick to decent rules too. These guys you have to respect.

Would love to see what Hoff could do raw & to proper judging standards, sadly I don't think we'll ever find out...

You do realise the sport of powerlifting is to post the biggest total right?

What I think Fluffy is getting at, is that because of this it has (to get the big numbers) people adding all manner of devices or aids and other practices and interpetation which is moving away from the original concept of just man versus bar.

This is why powerlifting does not interest me, although I appreciate the strength shown and admire the work ethic and integrity of "some" the whole concept of comparing one mans strength to another using just three lifts, (one just a basic lift) is mute, I mean moot.

I'm sorry to barge in, I'm from the perspective of exercise used as a tool to biulding strength, not exhibiting it.

The outcome of this is evident by all the kuntyness behaviour and different FEDS.

This is why powerlifting does not interest me, although I appreciate the strength shown and admire the work ethic and integrity of "some" the whole concept of comparing one mans strength to another using just three lifts, (one just a basic lift) is mute, I mean moot.

I'm sorry to barge in, I'm from the perspective of exercise used as a tool to biulding strength, not exhibiting it.

The outcome of this is evident by all the kuntyness behaviour and different FEDS.

Good point mate I had never really looked at it from that perspective (and thanks for correcting mute - that drives me nuts). From that point of view, however, then you could argue that the competition (whether it be olympic lifting, powerlifting - whether equipped or raw or nude or any form of strength sport) is irrelevant. It is the training (to build strength) that is the important aspect not the comparison of strength. Good God Andy that is quite profound.

The total is the combined weight of the three powerlifts right? That movement he performed vaguely resembled a squat till he stood back up and decided to call it a day. The referee must have been distracted and mistaken it for a squat.

Good point mate I had never really looked at it from that perspective (and thanks for correcting mute - that drives me nuts). From that point of view, however, then you could argue that the competition (whether it be olympic lifting, powerlifting - whether equipped or raw or nude or any form of strength sport) is irrelevant. It is the training (to build strength) that is the important aspect not the comparison of strength. Good God Andy that is quite profound.

that feeling of lifting something heavy is a bloody good feeling, i just want to keep doing it, I hate seeing blokes get injured doing something that should be making less injury prone, but i only view this from my own perspective, not theirs..

Thanks Sumo, opinions will vary, i suppose i do have a cogent thought now and again.