• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
So after 2 years of waking at 430 to go to the gym, I've decided to stop waking the whole house up and start training later in the day..
Problem is I can't handle busy gyms..

Does anyone here train at commercial gyms? And what time do they tend to quite down?
I'm thinking if I train at 7 or so it shouldn't be to bad

most gyms tend to die down by 7pm. the peak is from 5-7pm generally after work.
depends where the gym is located.

I actually don't mind my gym when it's peak after work. It's great having all the guys in there doing their strongman and powerlifting sessions. Gives one reason not to slack off :D

I've never had a problem getting to the equipment i need.
I guess it depends how well equipped your gym happens to be though.

Yeah and if you do go at peak time you get a feel for what the majority of people are training on certain days anyway eg chest on Mondays. But yeah, 7.30 onwards is fine for me.

Mine is still busy up until 9pm.

Best time to go for me is anywhere from 9am - midday, which I can only do on days off, or if I'm working evenings. Otherwise I go at 4pm or 10.

Gym i goto is great during lunch times as this is when i train and can 98% of the time get any of the equipemnt i am after, peak time would be from 4:30 - 7:30 then things start quietening down till closing time...

I just deal with it. Make friends with people and just work in with others etc.

You get used to it and its no big deal after awhile.

Unless you are doing a circuit or giant sets, I don't think it's a big deal. Just put some headphones on and smash it.

Pick your days too, Friday afternoon anytime is usually a good time because everyone is going out except gym junkies, weekend I usual find is a good time for similar reasons, if you can find the right time on Sunday you get the chicks down there. Monday is the busy day because all the ppl who didn't go on Friday or the Weekend get the guilt's. Like someone else said during the day is the best time overall, most ppl don't have luxury though. I usually go between 3.30 and 5 pm and miss the rush, get a few school kids but they get out your way easy enough.

Peak times at my local commercial gym is 4:30-7:30 on mon-wed, its always dead friday and I never go thursday, weekends are empty.

So after 2 years of waking at 430 to go to the gym, I've decided to stop waking the whole house up and start training later in the day..
Problem is I can't handle busy gyms..

Does anyone here train at commercial gyms? And what time do they tend to quite down?
I'm thinking if I train at 7 or so it shouldn't be to bad

There is something about waking up before most of the world and training - When im not a lazy prick i love to wake up at that time and take the dogs for a walk or go for a jog. Best way to start the day.

Peak times at my local commercial gym is 4:30-7:30 on mon-wed, its always dead friday and I never go thursday, weekends are empty.

Haha this is so true how much it dies off after Wednesday. Although Friday night has a slight peak before everyone heads out, plenty of people training chest and arms :p Saturday morning can be quite busy sometimes too.

Yeah I do like the mornings, it's quite..

I'll give 7 or a bit after a try, see how it goes, if its too packed I guess I'll just have to learn to be less noisy when leaving in the morning

I go the gym in the mornings and find that between 10am to midday is pretty quiet, whereas 8:30 to 10am can be just as packed as 4:30pm onwards. (Although the women to men ratio seems to be much higher). Weekends are great for working out, I can go just about anytime and the squat rack is always there for the taking..

Wifey told me everyone goes back to bed, she reckons its worse when I don't go to gym...
She'd rather me continue with mornings..

That lasted a while!!!

So what is it that you do when you get ready in the morning? I walk into the study, get dressed, grab my gym bag with an empty water bottle. No pre-workout shakes/mass gainers/stimulants/peptides.. just get up and go.

I get up and go to the gym at 5- 5:30 in the morning and rarely wake anyone (wife sometimes as she's a light sleeper, but she goes straight back to sleep) ... don't know what you're doing to wake everyone haha.

I get my gym gear ready the night before and leave it out in the lounge - wonder out there, get dressed, have pre-workout, grab my bag and out the door.

So what is it that you do when you get ready in the morning? I walk into the study, get dressed, grab my gym bag with an empty water bottle. No pre-workout shakes/mass gainers/stimulants/peptides.. just get up and go.

Exact the same... But the spare room is beside hers, and most of all, the keys brother!!!

It's all about the keys!!