• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sore shoulder

No haven't been to physio.

I have been doing lots of stretching and I find if I'm really strict on my form and don't try and go to heavy I can control the pain

Also I have been doing internal- external rotations before every work out, only light weight about 5 kg and about 20 reps. they are making it feel a lot stronger.

I just have to be really careful with front an lateral raises as these seem to cause the most pain ( not happy as I love those exercises ).

Dr said to use pain as guide to no wen to stop

Are the joys of ageing

Yes, but take note of...ah forgetaboutit

Thanks for the link though he made a lot of sense and have taken it all on board. I understand what he means by keeping shoulders back to take pressure off shoulders.

Thanks mate

I found when my shoulder was at its worse that I could still lift heavy on certain things. I couldn't dumbbell shoulder press (still can't) but could push press, couldn't dumbbell bench but could barbell bench fine, basically most things where I could use a bar, hence both arms at once, I could sort of ease the load on the sore shoulder a bit somehow. Go through the motions at home with a broom stick or similar and see what movements don't cause pain.

stop doing front and traditional lateral raises.

One other thing I found helpful was
L-Lateral raise and press.

vids on youtube.

It's amazing how good it feels today I think the stretching and the ext- int rotations have done wonders.i did shoulder work out yesterday

Yeah I just have to be careful when I'm lifting and I can avoid the pain. Doing those rotations is the go though