• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DanW

What do you drink if you want to keep calories down?

I prefer beer, which beers are the lowest calorie?

It's too hard to cut out the pub it's a big part of social life.. I just want to minimize harm to my daily calories. I'm talking about pub only 1-3 times a week average.

1-3 times a week sounds a bit much, depends on your priorities. What are you training for specifically?

The no-carb beers might be your best bet.

Personally, I go a lot less frequently than you, but when I do I don't keep tabs on my consumption at all. I'm there to have a good time. But, because other things are higher priority in life then the frequency is lower.

I have a pub across the road from my office, everyone calls it the "boardroom" because of how much time people spend there!

I don't have kids so I guess that's why it's still a big part of my life.

What are the "no carb" beers? I thought that was a gimmick or a myth.

Vodka diet coke sounds good! But I think I would finish them too quick and be trashed for the next day. Beer is nice and slow which stops me getting drunk.

Gimmick? In what way?
Calories in Beer is usually made from carbs (4kal/g) and alcohol (7kal/g)
You take the the carbs out and it lowers the calories

Edit: I read this somewhere, could be out, but sounds about right

Last edited:
Pure blond beer. Tastes good and pretty low Calories.

Diet drinks with spirits are even lower calorie.

Avoid spirits with full sugar mixers.

I think a normal Jim beam can is about 350 calories. The Jim beam and zero cola cans are 60 calories.

Yah low Carb beers, like hahn super dry, Carlton dry, pure blonde etc etc are low Carb beers, else as suggested go something like a white spirit and diet coke or diet dry ginger, so vodka, bicardi, gin and tonic are pretty awesome low Carb drink......if you must drink

Blonde it is.. It's not too bad.

I need to lookup my favorite beers and compare, never thought about it before but it's a big hit into my weekly calories as much as many meals

You gotta draw the line in the sand and ask yourself do I wanna be the loveable hsppy bar fly or do I wanna be the jacked **** who fucks that cute bar maid.

once you overcome the "I don't want everyone to give me shit for ordering a water or diet coke" thing and do just that, you quickly realise nobody gives a shit but you... be social all you want, but you have to work out your priorities and act accordingly.

Google the web site "get drunk not fat". Lists the alcohols which have the best ratio of alcohol for the calories.

Last edited: