• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What annoys you most about the fitness industry?

with the internet does anyone buy mags at all?

Only at work :cool: The thing with those muscle mags is how can they dress uo the same articles and exercises time and time again..

surely theres only so many times you can dress up the benefits of doing squarts.

All the different stupid supps, a vegetable like potato being bad at night, and wankers who grunt while doing quarter depth squats like they are kings

All the bullshit supplements for sale that offer no proven gains at all, yet so many get suckered into them.

Full credit to the marketing teams, though. I mean if they can dress up something that is completely useless, is sold for an arm and a leg with bugger all manufacturing cost and dumb ass people believe the hype and buy it, good on them.

I really think far too many people who weight train on any level are always looking for the secret potion to short cut the hard work and sensible diet that's really needed to make great gains.

I really hate protein powders and such being used for substitute meals by those trying to lose weight. You want foods that aren't calorie dense, not liquid meals... that will just make you hungrier :/

I really hate protein powders and such being used for substitute meals by those trying to lose weight. You want foods that aren't calorie dense, not liquid meals... that will just make you hungrier :/

Plus they dont teach you what to eat and you end up regaining the weight later on! I was sucked into this one!!

The thing that shits me about this industry is all the 'experts' who carry on like they know the only way that works.

There is always some knob telling you "That won't work. That's bro science. You have to do it this way." At the moment there seems to be a bias towards the 1950s for some reason.

News flash, the body adapts to stress. It doesn't matter what you do if you do it hard your body will adapt.
tumblr_m1zf0fFC1V1qb0kx1o1_500.gif

But yeah, I agree.

Strong bro science, so many myths they are laughable.

Concentration Curls = Apparently gives you peaked biceps.
Leg extensions = gives you cuts in the quads.
Side bends and Crunches = great abs.
High Reps = give you mad cuts brah
Girls lifts weights = she gets bulky
Cardio = gets you ripped

I heard a PT say that walking on the treadmill is similar to the Leg press.

Bro science is everywhere.

Strong bro science, so many myths they are laughable.

Concentration Curls = Apparently gives you peaked biceps.
Leg extensions = gives you cuts in the quads.
Side bends and Crunches = great abs.
High Reps = give you mad cuts brah
Girls lifts weights = she gets bulky
Cardio = gets you ripped

I heard a PT say that walking on the treadmill is similar to the Leg press.

Bro science is everywhere.

This^^^^

I have no issue with the excercises themselves... All have there place...

All the bro-science
plus everyone thinking their way of training is the best.
Thats such a single minded, idiotic way of thinking & living.
MY way is the best! j/k lol

I shouldnt talk, two back ops in 4 months isnt exactly a good resumé is it!?? lol