• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How heavy is heavy for DB wrist curls?

Jeff

I started doing dumbbell wrist curls a few weeks ago now I'm looking for some point of reference to work towards.

I'm sure everyone has their own ideas but what's considered heavy for this movement? How much would someone strong be lifting?

E.g. for bench, squat, deadlift there's 300/400/500 as a rough goal. If you can do that you don't suck too much at those lifts.

What is it for db wrist curls for a set of 10? 30 kg, 40 kg, 50 kg?

I started doing dumbbell wrist curls a few weeks ago now I'm looking for some point of reference to work towards.

I'm sure everyone has their own ideas but what's considered heavy for this movement? How much would someone strong be lifting?

E.g. for bench, squat, deadlift there's 300/400/500 as a rough goal. If you can do that you don't suck too much at those lifts.

A power lifter competing is not overly concerned about this.
So I believe you will not receive definitive answers regarding "a point of reference"

I do barbell wrist curls rolling it down my fingers then back up again into a wrist curl with 50kg for lazy sets of 10 just to get blood in there
i think 140kg would be a good performance in the wrist curl

I do barbell wrist curls rolling it down my fingers then back up again into a wrist curl with 50kg for lazy sets of 10 just to get blood in there

That it would.

This is how I've done and do wrist curls.
Sitting on a chair that is set to a point where your thigh is at an angle of roughly 10 to 15 degrees increase the efficiency of the exercise.

I get Oni's mum to roll her fingers up and down it for a few lazy sets, just to get blood in there, then get onto the rest of the 'work out'.

You're aiming for 300kg bench?

1200kg total = "you don't suck too much" ... but ONLY if you can wrist-curl the fuck out of some 50kg dumbells brah!!!!

You seriously haven't heard of 300/400/500? 300lb bench, 400lb squat, 500lb deadlift?

Maybe I was wrong to assume it'd be commonly known here. Wrong audience I guess.

Just a rough set of numbers to give people something to work towards. Get past those numbers and you've reached a benchmark. It was something that was brought up in Hardgainer years ago and just sort of stuck around.

Even still, I thought the numbers would make it obvious enough that it's in pounds since there's no one pulling 500 kg.

I thought I'd look for a point of reference for an exercise that's not all that common. You know, to help set the bar, put what you're lifting in perspective.

E.g. shrugs aren't a PL lift either but it's good to have an idea of what the elite guys are lifting. Otherwise you might think 100kg or 140kg is heavy and stop there.

E.g. shrugs aren't a PL lift either but it's good to have an idea of what the elite guys are lifting. Otherwise you might think 100kg or 140kg is heavy and stop there.

You should ask jamie lewis how much he wrist curls

I don't think he hoes any direct wrist work other than 1000lb shrugs with straps

You should ask jamie lewis how much he wrist curls

Bit like asking John Bzenk how much he squats. You do know there's more to strength training and strength sports than just powerlifting, right?

Anyway, I did find some point of reference.

~180 kg thick bar wrist curls with a bit of cheating:
[YOUTUBE]NobCwQ7LmOs[/YOUTUBE]