• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How heavy is heavy for DB wrist curls?

Man this reminds of another forum where apparently if you're not a world class lifter you were shit. This guy was 110kg and squatted 140kg and deadlifted 200kg btw. Dunno what he benched.

He was carrying on about how Donnie Shankle was weak because people in the olympics two weight classes down C+J more than him and he was shit lol. The guy high bar squats 300kg weighing 105 lol. His C+J is something like 220kg

So why have you not hit any of them?

My bench has been trained for equipped, so basicaly all technique work.
Squat 1.5kg off after my worst trainin cylce, deadlift is 8kgs off keeping in mind that those numbers were from last year.

lol @ a 136kg bench being the bare minimum that should be achievable after 12 months of training. What are you on...

I might just scratch that after 14 months training (in 4 months time) at 100kg bodyweight, touch and go. I guess I could have trained more efficiently, maybe........

Fuck you talk some shit cal.

At what point have i talked shit?
Sorry for giving my opinion
180/130/225 isnt strong if you weight over say 80kg, PA aus open 83s records are sitting at 250/178/285
So hitting 180/135/225 at 83 doest make you automatically strong.

And with everyone going on about me going straight to the top for standards, you dont go into a comp going 'oh i hope i dont place' no you go in there aiming to hit pbs, an naturally your end goal will be the records

lol @ a 136kg bench being the bare minimum that should be achievable after 12 months of training. What are you on...

I might just scratch that after 14 months training (in 4 months time) at 100kg bodyweight, touch and go. I guess I could have trained more efficiently, maybe........

I never said that those numbers are a bare minimum, i said these goals are generally a bare minimum, like markos' 140/100/180 regardless of bodyweight, you hitting those numbers doesnt mean your strong, it means your on the right track

It's not a bare minimum, only generally
Sorry Callan that training for an equipped bench is the reason you're 20kg off hitting that benchmark.

Training "efficiently" is stupid anyway. Who trains "efficiently"? Sounds like some Mark Rippetoe shit. You pretty much have to train harder exponentially the stronger you get, no one gives a fuck about being efficient lol.

>Yep, got that 5kg gain on squat and I only trained once in 2 weeks. Could have made 10kg if I had trained every day but that's just not efficient

Is equipped cheating yourself?

Only if you sacrifice getting stronger for more weight on the bar
The number of people you see on YouTube that look like dogshit, bench less than 140kg raw yet put up +300kg equipped is incredible

Only if you sacrifice getting stronger for more weight on the bar
The number of people you see on YouTube that look like dogshit, bench less than 140kg raw yet put up +300kg equipped is incredible

Equipped lifting is hilarious

I meant optimally as well. Effort was never lacking with me, just the areas I put it into weren't always the best.

At what point have i talked shit?
Sorry for giving my opinion
180/130/225 isnt strong if you weight over say 80kg, PA aus open 83s records are sitting at 250/178/285
So hitting 180/135/225 at 83 doest make you automatically strong.

And with everyone going on about me going straight to the top for standards, you dont go into a comp going 'oh i hope i dont place' no you go in there aiming to hit pbs, an naturally your end goal will be the records

The whole thread and you are still talking even more shit.

Single ply is alright- it's the sport of gentlemen
Bench shirts have gotten ridiculous though
Multi-ply is lol just lol

Is equipped cheating yourself?

Different ballgame, almost an art. The weight doesnt lift itself. You still need to be in control, precise technique is needed to use equipment properly.

Is using steroids cheating yourself?

Different ballgame, almost an art. The weight doesnt lift itself. You still need to be in control, precise technique is needed to use equipment properly.

Is using steroids cheating yourself?

Equipped is worse than bloody steroids
What's next, a couple of chains and a winch

Equipped is worse than bloody steroids
What's next, a couple of chains and a winch

Hey, at least equipped lifting isn't bad for your health

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3poAxvEBcoo]Mike Brown benchpress arm break - YouTube[/ame]