• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How heavy is heavy for DB wrist curls?

Now now Jeff, he is a Powerlifting Australia NCAS Level 1 Powerlifting Coach

300 is about 136kg.... Thats not a strong bench press if your over 70kg
400 is 181kg, i squatted 180 on a bad day after about a year and a half of training at 92kg, i wouldnt consider 180 a strong squat in powerlifting, maybe if your under 70kg and sub junior, sub junior (so under 18) ipf world standard is 225 raw for 93kg so thats for kids haha
500, 22(6)?kg subjunior ipf 93 standard is 255

You heard it here first.
Anything less than the IPF worlds standard is unworthy as a goal
Only on AusBB

You heard it here first.
Anything less than the IPF worlds standard is unworthy as a goal
Only on AusBB

I was just putting it into perspective, a 66 kg man pulls 271. Then he says that 226 is strong... Maybe if your a 50kg woman

300-400-500 didn't come about as a measure for how good someone is at powerlifting, just happens it's for the same lifts.

It's an old Hardgainer concept. Hardgainer being a long running magazine about bodybuilding and strength training.

The idea is that any hardgainer (someone who's not particularly genetically gifted) can reach a 300lb bench, 400lb squat and 500lb deadlift if they put in enough work. It's something that gets used as a goal by a lot of people.

Obviously for different people and different body types the numbers might be a bit out of whack. My squat is about the same as my deadlift, so I hit the number for the squat way before I did the other two.

Of course you're not an elite powerlifter if you can only lift that amount in a comp (assuming you're not small). But you're not weak either.

There aren't many people in most gyms who can bench 300 and squat 400 and deadlift 500, even less if you think about ordinary gym goers training for a physique or strength, but not for a powerlifting meet.

lmao there was actually a magazine called Hardgainer
At least it was telling people not to be complete pussies

300-400-500 didn't come about as a measure for how good someone is at powerlifting, just happens it's for the same lifts.

It's an old Hardgainer concept. Hardgainer being a long running magazine about bodybuilding and strength training.

The idea is that any hardgainer (someone who's not particularly genetically gifted) can reach a 300lb bench, 400lb squat and 500lb deadlift if they put in enough work. It's something that gets used as a goal by a lot of people.

Obviously for different people and different body types the numbers might be a bit out of whack. My squat is about the same as my deadlift, so I hit the number for the squat way before I did the other two.
U
Of course you're not an elite powerlifter if you can only lift that amount in a comp (assuming you're not small). But you're not weak either.

There aren't many people in most gyms who can bench 300 and squat 400 and deadlift 500, even less if you think about ordinary gym goers training for a physique or strength, but not for a powerlifting meet.
Those numbers as generally set to be hit in your first year of training as a bare minimum of 12 months of training. As for a measurment of strength, of you talk to anyone who knows what they are on about it will always be compared to bodyweight. Benching 130 at 60kgs is respectable, benching 130 at 120kgs is a disgrace haha there is a sticky thread in the strength section on strength standards, check it out, its a good way to set up goals an look at progression