• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

New National Dietary Guidelines - WOW

Thats apart from these facts -

Baked beans give me gastro
Never have liked tomato
Allergic to nuts (they will kill me)

Im going to go against government guislines here and have bacon and eggs for breakfast, don't tell Julia

Where the fuck is the protein?????

I would be a angry ballistic bag of shit if I had to survive on that.

I knew it would be a joke when i heard they released these new guidelines, but then when i saw their sample diet i was like WTF???

Although in saying this i guess if people who actually did no physical activity did eat like this there may not be as many fat fucks around...

For the average person that sits on there arse all day at work. Drives home and sits on the couch watching TV its probably a pretty reasonable diet.

Don't need a heap of calories or protein to sit on your arse all day.

For the average person that sits on there arse all day at work. Drives home and sits on the couch watching TV its probably a pretty reasonable diet.

Don't need a heap of calories or protein to sit on your arse all day.

Exactly what I was thinking, from protein point of view its ok for someone that does sweet FA.

I wouldn't be eating so many carbs if I did light activity though and wouldn't be touching that low fat yoghurt crap. At least they've stopped recommending fruit juice.

Why is the government trying to tell us what to eat? I find that quite condescending. Next they'll be handing out guidelines on how to take a shit and piss. Those sample meals are boring as fuck anyways, more like meals for undersized kids or teenagers.

Why is the government trying to tell us what to eat?

because 3/4 of the population are too retarded to figure it out for themselves and without that guidance will stick with whatever is easiest and tastiest... ie, pure junk.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Why is the government trying to tell us what to eat? I find that quite condescending. Next they'll be handing out guidelines on how to take a shit and piss. Those sample meals are boring as fuck anyways, more like meals for undersized kids or teenagers.

Settle down. It's just a guideline for fat couch potatoes who think having low fat ice cream and a diet coke with their Maccas will help them lose weight. You can eat anyway you want.

They already tell us how to piss and shit anyway. Go take a dump out in public and fair chance you will end up in lock up.

Settle down. It's just a guideline for fat couch potatoes who think having low fat ice cream and a diet coke with their Maccas will help them lose weight. You can eat anyway you want.

They already tell us how to piss and shit anyway. Go take a dump out in public and fair chance you will end up in lock up.

Haha!

to try and reduce the massively increasing health costs due to fat tards
and a lot or the costs aren't just in health.

Things like stronger car seat belts due to heavier body weight.
Testing with 75kg doesn't cut it anymore.

More expensive ticket prices for air travel.Stronger beds in hospitals and stronger stretchers for ambos.
Having to stick extra staff in an ambulance because average person is to heavy for two people to safely lift.

Some schools are having to beef up the class room furniture with 14 year old kids getting up to 100kg+.

A friend in teaching had a class with more than three 12 year old girls weighing over 60kg.

Last edited:

I work for the government, and I kid you not there are 'how to' guides in the toilets of a couple of our offices due to cultural differences in the way people use toilets. Not a word of a lie. Its a pic of a guy standing on the seat, squatting over the bowl with a big cross over it. Then a pic of someone sitting on the crapper normally with a tick.

To make it worse, on the mirrors and exit door there are reminders about washing hands.

I couldn't make this shit up!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

i see no issue with that rec .. :D

Still 2 under for me.. They assess 1000's of research papers and go with the most consensus advice for each element of the guideline. I think the flaw with this is pretty obvious, contemporary diets such as lower carb healthy fats and protein will take ages to become the norm, basically until the majority of the researchers support it.

I work for the government, and I kid you not there are 'how to' guides in the toilets of a couple of our offices due to cultural differences in the way people use toilets. Not a word of a lie. Its a pic of a guy standing on the seat, squatting over the bowl with a big cross over it. Then a pic of someone sitting on the crapper normally with a tick.

This is not rare. You will find that sort of sign in a lot of buildings where people from different cultures work. Mine is one of them. I have personally walked into cubicles and got the nasty surprise to see evidence someone had misjudged how their shit falls while squatting with feet on the seat. This has happened multiple times. And so the 'level 6 toilet bomber' was named.

Regarding the food plan, I would really like to see how the government defines 'light activity'.

Last edited:
They are recommending six serves of cereal or grains per day and no more than three serves of protein. This is so crap.

Oh, and no more than 455 g of red meat per week.

Last edited:

To make it worse, on the mirrors and exit door there are reminders about washing hands.

I couldn't make this shit up!

We had similar signs at uni to stop people squatting on the toilet seat and they had a few cases of people falling off and injuring themselves and lots of cases of toilet bombing (shitting on the seat or back of the toilet). Usually first few weeks of semester.

Still have some muslim guys (fundy sunni) refusing to use soap as its not mentioned in the Koran.