• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Looking to completely change myself - Need some help

SkysTheLimit

Hi,

I'm looking to change my myself, Get fit, Lose weight, Build muscles all of that.
At the moment i'm a little overwieght, Nothing serious, Decently fit though.
I'm going to be extreamly dedicated to this, and have free time all day, and night, but not access to a gym.
Currently own at the moment an exercise bike, but don't know how good they are

I'm looking on advice in to what equipment will be good but not too expensive to start with; Eg: Dumbells,Weights

Wanting and needing is some serious advice on is

-Proper food to eat and diet, What to completly stay away from
-Any kind of products needed to buy as in fitness foods, poweders, etc
-Proper exercise routines
-Exercise techniques that work; eg Sit ups, Push ups and how often to do them, which different techniques
-Proper use in dumbbells and weights, how often needing to use them, and best weight
-How much walking,Running, Jogging is needed
-Anything else that can possibly help lose weight fast and build muscles.
-How long it'll take to see change and progress

I know it may seem like alot to ask, But i've researched this and can't seem to figure out what will work proper and what to be the best as it's very mixed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I will be taking this very seriously, will be working as hard as possible

At the moment doing daily walking, Situps, Pushups and other techniques but not sure how helpful they really are.

If i can get all the info needed and get everything going, will update my progress.

And if this is in the wrong subforum, can an Staff member move it to the right one

Thank you.

Get a barbell, bench and rack, do something lie Stronglifts or starting strength..

Eat healthy, but don't need to obsess over it

Eat 1g per pound of bodyweight (buy a basic protein if need be), lift weights 3x a week and otherwise either eat enough calories so that you are slowly losing weight or slowly gaining weight (basically increase or decrease your carbs).

Extra things just try have some fruit, vegies and healthy fats (fish oil).

Get 6-8 hours of sleep.

In terms of what weights, just buy enough so that you can do say a beginner's program on this site of 3 sets of 8-10 reps in some core exercises (squat, deadlift, overhead press, bench, row, curls). Initially this may require a set of adjustable dumbbells without much else. Or just a barbell and bench.

There are no foods to avoid, its all about getting enough protein but limiting calories such that you lose bodyfat. Eat whatever the hell you want, in the correct quantities.

Barbell training is the king, do cardio if you want for heart health or if you wish to do activities that require such conditioning, eg footy.

start logging what you are eating - just a diary or a smart phone app or website - like myfitnesspal or jetfit etc

work out your resting metabolic rate
work out how much you need to reduce your calorie intake or change it (up protein, reduce carbs) to start burning fat and how much exercise you need

Keep it simple. The simpler and easier to follow ,the easier it is to stick to it.

For a good ab routine have a look at Stews post in the september challenge thread
http://ausbb.com/bodybuilding-training-discussions/20154-september-challenge.html

If you dont have access to any equipment maybe get the book convict conditioning, it has plenty stuff on how to progress with bodyweight exercise. Just type "convict conditioning pdf download" into google and you can find many places to download it.

If you dont have access to any equipment maybe get the book convict conditioning, it has plenty stuff on how to progress with bodyweight exercise. Just type "convict conditioning pdf download" into google and you can find many places to download it.

The You Are Your Own Gym book and phone app are excellent as well.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>[ame=http://youtu.be/chvUm5pYIlU]"Why I want you to be hard!" CT Fletcher - YouTube[/ame][/FONT][FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]This should motivate you the fuck up :)[/FONT]

U can do sprints in the park chin ups on the monkey bars, push ups with feet on a park bench, big w is selling 50 kg barbell n dumbell set ATM as well for 60 bux that's plenty to get you up and going

I just started working out again and found the jefit app really helpful as has over a thousand exercises in it with pic an description of how to do them and what muscles they work.

As I can't afford a trainer it's good to know at least I'm using correct form