• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who's the best ever natural bodybuilder?

Huh??

The same thing could be said about any sport or competition. That's the whole idea of winning competition, it takes genetics and hard training.

Problem is too many people play the poor genetics card when really they just aren't training that hard.

That's not what I'm saying.

Firstly, I'm talking about COMPLETELY natural competitions (I highly doubt that any elite level competition is truly natural - just take cycling and football as recent examples - at an elite level, it seems all people do what they need to to compete. That is a different thread entirely though...)

I'm assuming that anyone at an elite level of any sport would commit just about all their time and effort into achieveing success in that sport.

My point is simply that if you take 2 people and they both put in equal effort, one will yield better results. In the case of bodybuilding, if one person has great genes and the other person has average genes, the difference will be significant.

I completely agree with your point about people crying shit genetics, rather than put in the hard yard.

But I also acknowledge that no matter how much hard work I put in, I will never be a top pro natural bodybuilder.

That's not what I'm saying.

Firstly, I'm talking about COMPLETELY natural competitions (I highly doubt that any elite level competition is truly natural - just take cycling and football as recent examples - at an elite level, it seems all people do what they need to to compete. That is a different thread entirely though...)

I'm assuming that anyone at an elite level of any sport would commit just about all their time and effort into achieveing success in that sport.

My point is simply that if you take 2 people and they both put in equal effort, one will yield better results. In the case of bodybuilding, if one person has great genes and the other person has average genes, the difference will be significant.

I completely agree with your point about people crying shit genetics, rather than put in the hard yard.

But I also acknowledge that no matter how much hard work I put in, I will never be a top pro natural bodybuilder.

It's called life. It's like saying you could be an awesome basketballer if you were 7ft tall. Your not so don't even worry about it. Every sport favors certain genetics, its just the way it is.

It's called life. It's like saying you could be an awesome basketballer if you were 7ft tall. Your not so don't even worry about it. Every sport favors certain genetics, its just the way it is.

Agreed.

I guess all I'm saying is that even if you could say who was the best truly natural bodybuilder, it'd be the same as saying who has the most freaky bodybuilding genetics. I'd like to see one of those guys with the myostatin defect take the gym seriously - now that would be the definition of mass monster.

Same with sports - some people just have a freakish talent for it.

A5BBDCE5-332F-42BB-8534-130B31FEA011-133-0000005D34E090D7_zps18f3e741.jpg

, George Hackenschmidt

Inventor of hack squat

Alvin Roy was the trainer for the us weightlifting team working under Dr Ziegler.
Roy became the the first strength coach in pro football for the San Diego chargers in 1963.

That year the chargers became afl champions.

Peary rader posted the first warning of what he called growth drugs in the December 1962 issue of ironman.

Bill pearl was reported getting great results with dianabol in 1963.
Wieder chimed in with a new and improved Larry Scott it's safe to say that the genie got out of the bottle in 1963.

In 1970 Arthur jones wrote and warned, "the use of drugs is an unexplored bomb lurking just beneath the surface of all forms of physical training"

It can be summed up in two words, " nitrogen retention" they speed up muscle recovery but disturb the chemical balance in your system, I don't think that's a good trade.

Last edited:
You can tell by looking at someone if they use in lots of cases if they are very lean
I'll try and get some pictures up later so everyone can see the difference. The way the water is held and how the muscles look, it's very obvious

HGH will give a 3D effect in the muscles, everything pops out more and gives that 3-dimensional effect and the person looks more 'squarey'. Look at Arnold who used little to no GH then look at Platz and you will see the difference. Then look at Dorian Yates who was the first big abuser of GH and you will see that same effect magnified. Then you see a guy who is not as big, doesn't use steroids or very little due to being drug tested but is a big fan of the undetectable HGH, insulin, IGF and other peptides like the American footballer LaRon Landry and you see that same 3D effect again that you never ever see naturally.

Trenbolone and anavar are also fairly easy to spot abuse of, they give a shrink wrap effect, especially around the torso with trenbolone also making everything seem more separated. Equipoise also gives a similar effect to trenbolone regarding everything popping out and looking separated but without the shrink wrap effect. Primo will make you look like a statue in the quality of the muscle. This is why Tren, Equi, Primo, GH are favourites for bodybuilders in the prep stages. Test,dbol,deca will give great growth

I know this from spending a lot of time looking at pictures of men

oni.

The clarity of your observations made through visual means alone of what drugs do what for bodybuilders may indeed be unprecedented in the history of mankind.

I am so impressed that i will write to the IAAF and IOC asap and ask that they consider emplying you as a drug spotter to ehnace the idenification of cheating in sport in regard to to the use of illegal PEDs.

Readers here (AusBB) should appreciate your skills. Your time has definitely not been wasted.

After the banning of Bella, i will definitely stop reading AusBB if Oni is ever banned.

17678D64-3953-49CE-9E52-DC697A7B08EF-877-00000081B228DA7E_zps96839c3c.jpg

Wat drugs are Yates and ray on here ? Gh for Dorian obviously. But what's the rest ? And for record ray was robbed here