• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sleeping supplements?

I work for a very large offshore drilling contractor and the majority of prescription meds mentioned here are completely banned offshore (on our rigs at least, cant speak for other operators)

If said prescription medication was required for a medical condition, wouldn't this be essentially discrimination?... do they get away with that because they are offshore? - I guess the first time somebody dies because their prescription medication was forbidden by a private company we might see some changes.

If said prescription medication was required for a medical condition, wouldn't this be essentially discrimination?... do they get away with that because they are offshore? - I guess the first time somebody dies because their prescription medication was forbidden by a private company we might see some changes.

it doesn't work that way, you are allowed to take perscription medication BUT if that medication effects your ability to perform your job then you will be placed on light duties or into another role.

Its their duty of care to not allow you to potentially cause harm to yourself other others whilst on medication which can effect you in that way.

if working in an offshore environment everyone needs to be fit not only for work but also to assist in an emergency (everyone offshore has a role in emergency response and evacuation) so if not fit, there is no light duty - it's back to shore you go ;)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

I'm awful when it comes to sleep... i have some form of sleep offset disorder where given no commitments i very comfortably fall into a 2am -> 11am sleep pattern and really struggle to sleep and wake earlier. I find melatonin and 5-HTP an hour before bed can help though.