• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Seeking a bit of advice - Complete newbie

Bellucian

Hey guys, have been doing a bit of a program for the past two months or so and now have finally got some time to find and learn a full routine(as well as the time to do it) all I have at the moment is two DB handles and 20KG of plates with no access to a gym, so I was looking at starting something like - Dumbbell Only Home Or Gym Full Body Workout | Muscle & Strength but with situps swapped for Planks as situps make my back hurt real bad.

As for a bio I'm 6'1" 120KG, have already sorted my diet and eat around 2000-2200~ calories a day. Looking to essentially get bigger while losing a fair bit of weight hopefully getting down to around 90-100 with 17%~ bodyfat, just wondering if this program would be a good place to start?

That program is fine to start with. the main thing is just lift and get the body moving.

At 120kg I think 2200cals is too low. It would be hard to sustain 2000 cals for an extended period of time.

That program is fine to start with. the main thing is just lift and get the body moving.

At 120kg I think 2200cals is too low. It would be hard to sustain 2000 cals for an extended period of time.

I'm trying to up this more and more, finding it hard to jam so much in as I can't really eat breakfast. Thanks alot though!

Just eat a small breakfast then or fast until lunch. Nutrient timing is not so critical.
2000 cals is really just 2 medium sized meals, it can't be too difficult unless you have stomach banding. LOL

You can fill the voids with a protein shake or 2 as well.

I can't eat breakfast, Ive given up trying, I now eat anytime between 9 and 10 am (Im up at 7 am) so I call that breakfast instead. Im not actually even hungry, can easily get to lunchtime without eating, missus reckons I get grumpy though.

Just eat a small breakfast then or fast until lunch. Nutrient timing is not so critical.
2000 cals is really just 2 medium sized meals, it can't be too difficult unless you have stomach banding. LOL

You can fill the voids with a protein shake or 2 as well.

This is generally with a a shake a day, am slowly trying to add more and more, also trying to throw down a handful of cashews/almonds before I head out the door for work.

How did u get to 120kg then?

Struggling to get to 2200cals is odd?

I'm not sure, I never really used to track what I ate but it wasn't terribly unhealthy though i did used to have larger portion sizes of less filling things breads/rice/etc coupled with 7/8 cups of tea with 2 sugars and a fair bit of juice...

Last edited: