• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Concentration Curls

Shrek

Fucked up Kunce
Who does them? Why do you do them?
Do you do them Arnold style with arm hanging down or elbow resting on inside of leg?
I did them he other day for the first time in years. Not sold on them.

Who does them? Why do you do them?
Do you do them Arnold style with arm hanging down or elbow resting on inside of leg?
I did them he other day for the first time in years. Not sold on them.

Not being the most experienced guy around here, you're probably after a stronger (pardon the pun) opinion, but I love em.

I do them Arnold style.

If i do them it is usually at the end of a workout as finishing exercise, with me elbow resting against my inner thigh. I find to get the best out if it you need to lean slightly forward, use a light weight and really concertrate on the contraction of the bicep to move the weight instead of just lifting it to the position.

As a starting bicep excerise I don't particularly like them.

I don't do them not because they don't do anything. You are moving a weight so they obviously do something. I just find them mind numbingly boring so never bother.

Aren't Concentration Curls supposed to be to build the peak of the Bicep. As more of a refining the look of the Bicep.

Didn't you feel embarassed doing them in a gym GROAR.

I switch them weakly with spider curls. I find spider curls give a simmerlar pump in that regard. And both hit peak pretty well :)

I like to them once every 2 weeks but i Do mine with a cable standing up .The continuous load from the cable always gives a really good pump.

Ive been doing them for a few weeks on a makeshift preacher pad using 20kg dumbells. I was told horizontal hand/weight position builds the peak while vertical builds the length. As to how true this actually is I am yet to find out. Yes it is mind numbing but I spose thars why you use music.
Cheers

Haven't done them in over a year, might give them a crack, started doin 1 arm tricep pushdowns last few weeks, good for forced reps.

I did them like this. It's harder to cheat because you cannot leverage off your back.

Arnold-standing-concentration-curls.jpg

I assume most would be doing it like this.

.1106262087553.dorian.jpg

[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]Check out this video on YouTube:<br/><br/>[ame=http://youtu.be/Fgz5SrDXXZ0]DB Concentration Curl "Muscle Rounds" - YouTube[/ame][/FONT][FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.Helvetica NeueUI]I do mine seated like this [/FONT]

Last time I did them was back in 2008, thereabouts. I was one of those guys who insisted "I eat a lot," you all know the type, so it wouldn't matter what I did it wouldn't have caused me to get any bigger. So I can neither credit nor discredit their effectiveness from personal experience. I like the idea of being able to spot yourself and do negatives on each arm, so that seems like a pretty good reason to do them.