• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The One Meal A Day - Ideas?

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
Just lately I was thinking about what I need to eat if I only had one meal a day and the amount of food that I need to consume would be way too much for me to fit into my gut in one sitting. So I was wondering if anyone has done it and if so what did their meal consists of?
(Obviously I am looking to meet all my macros in this supermeal and also get as much micros in as possible too, failing that I can always drop a multi later on)

A big bowl of ice cream with steak and brocolli pieces mixed in drizzled with olive oil and orange juice

tried it

not worth it

you eat everything, id start with meat and veg with potato or a pasta packet then go from there

after not long your never satisfied and eat way more than your daily targets

tried it

not worth it

you eat everything, id start with meat and veg with potato or a pasta packet then go from there

after not long your never satisfied and eat way more than your daily targets

Unless your daily calorie allowance is that of a small girl or eating fast food and dessert people will struggle to eat all their calories in one sitting.

I know on my calories I could still be under by eating 1lt ice cream and enough spaghetti Bolognese to feed a family of 4 or 5.

Sure anyone can blow out daily calories in one go if you just eat fish and chips with ice cream for dessert.

You can subsist on it, I have no doubt but why would you bother?

Intermittent fasting is non-bro science. It is just as dumb as bro science but they don't wear tank tops everywhere because they are all ribs.

Unless your daily calorie allowance is that of a small girl or eating fast food and dessert people will struggle to eat all their calories in one sitting.

I know on my calories I could still be under by eating 1lt ice cream and enough spaghetti Bolognese to feed a family of 4 or 5.

Sure anyone can blow out daily calories in one go if you just eat fish and chips with ice cream for dessert.

I was eating 2900 calories in the space of about 2 hours!

When I decided to stop I was struggling to keep that below 4000!!!

Trust me its possible!!!
I was feeling horrid the next morning

If you are doing IF, atleast have 2-3 meals during a 6 or 8 hour eating window. To get your calories, macros and mainly your proteins and vitamins/minerals.

One meal a day, is not sustainable and you will never be satisfied.

IF, there are many forms, your describing lean gains...

Either way, ImO just eating whenever sits is way more sustainable long term...

I just have breakfast linch dinner and maybe a snack mid afternoon

I was eating 2900 calories in the space of about 2 hours!

When I decided to stop I was struggling to keep that below 4000!!!

Trust me its possible!!!
I was feeling horrid the next morning

i cut on around 4000 calories anyway but eating over 2 hours is not really one meal anyway its more of a spread out graze.

It was obviously the foods you were eating. Not the one meal that was the problem. No one is eating 4000 calories of fairly clean food in one sitting regularly.

I'm having steak and chips tonight. Not even the cleanest meal and 4000 calories is 2kg steak and almost 2kg of potato plus some oil. Eat that in 20minutes. Lol.

It's really just your selling it and I found it didn't work that we are clashing on...

I generally had 2 plates straight together, usually 3 cuts of meat, 2-3 potatoes or a couple of pasta side dishes and a 2bags of veg, then a frozen pizza or something, then I'd eat desert in an hour or so...

It didn't rate it, I can see the convenience for whom it works for though!! That's why I tried it..

To say nobody is doing something is silly though, the body will adapt to the situation

It's really just your selling it and I found it didn't work that we are clashing on...

I generally had 2 plates straight together, usually 3 cuts of meat, 2-3 potatoes or a couple of pasta side dishes and a 2bags of veg, then a frozen pizza or something, then I'd eat desert in an hour or so...

It didn't rate it, I can see the convenience for whom it works for though!! That's why I tried it..

To say nobody is doing something is silly though, the body will adapt to the situation

I'm not selling it. I don't even do it. It's just your saying 1 meal doesn't work for calorie control because you just stuffed yourself. No shit it didn't work doing it that way. No calorie controlled plan will work if you just stuff yourself especially with high calorie food like pizza and dessert after your main meal.

Even with 4000 calories a day If I ate until I was full every time I would double that every day.

Yes, it sounds like theres just too much quantities of food involved (unless its fastfood in which case I'd get a double decker from KFC, a 2 piece feed, followed by an ultimate double whopper with a sundae from HJ's and be done with it) - I imagine I would feel like shit for most of the day, from being bloated and farting like a champ.

Splitting it into 2 meals seems more feasible then. That way I can still have a massive meal (I am thinking double serving of lamb and bean casserole with quinoa washed down with an avocado shake, then 12 hrs later have like a 1L banana smoothie with double WPI and greens powder in it)

I do one meal a day occasionally but only when I want to have a lower cal day. That meal is typically about 1200-1500 cals. Lots of meat and veg to start with and then some protein sludge or something after. I still try and hit my P targets.

I don't do this everyday, very rarely in fact.

For people consuming 4000ish cals, it seems pretty crazy to try and fit that into one meal. Yes, total macros is far more important than meal timing but I still like to spread my protein intake out a bit more than just one spike a day even if it is a large one. Alan Aragon says the same thing, as does Layne Norton so I think they may be onto something :p

I'm not selling it. I don't even do it. It's just your saying 1 meal doesn't work for calorie control because you just stuffed yourself. No shit it didn't work doing it that way. No calorie controlled plan will work if you just stuff yourself especially with high calorie food like pizza and dessert after your main meal.

Even with 4000 calories a day If I ate until I was full every time I would double that every day.

I was more just giving my opinion man..

Everyone's different

I do one meal a day occasionally but only when I want to have a lower cal day. That meal is typically about 1200-1500 cals. Lots of meat and veg to start with and then some protein sludge or something after. I still try and hit my P targets.

I don't do this everyday, very rarely in fact.

For people consuming 4000ish cals, it seems pretty crazy to try and fit that into one meal. Yes, total macros is far more important than meal timing but I still like to spread my protein intake out a bit more than just one spike a day even if it is a large one. Alan Aragon says the same thing, as does Layne Norton so I think they may be onto something :p

I agree, Kind of like ESE but less frequent, maybe once or twice a fortnight for me...

thats a terrible idea!!! how do you plan on getting all your protein in for the day in one meal?? your body can only absorb approx 50grams at a time
if you eat one meal a day pre workout you will be full as fuck. if your have your on meal after you will be tired as starving when you start your workouts

your body can only absorb approx 50grams at a time

YioKr2T.jpg

also some amino acids have a shorter half life than others.. there are plenty of studies proving that. arginine has a short half like of 1.5-2 hours. so does phenylalanine at about 1-1.5 (which is an essential amino acid). You need this in your body to build muscle and perform so if ingested once per day good luck holding muscle while dieting