• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Horse meat in u.k = what's the problem?

McFLy

super m0derator
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/woolworths-to-dna-test-meat-after-uk-horse-meat-scandal/story-fneuz8zj-1226576504618[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Horse meat isn't that bad Vs beef any one tried it? My mate reckons it taste pretty good,[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]He said he ate in Russia all the time coz its cheaper than beef. Unlike kangaroos it can be farmed I don't see the problem here damn [/FONT]
Bureaucracy.

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]• It has very low of fat and precious components:

type of meat fat (%) protein (%) kalcium (%) energy (kcal)

horse (average) ( 02,7 ) ( 20,6) ( 0,013 ) ( 117 )
beef (very lean) ( 07,2 ) ( 20,0) ( 0,009 ) ( 150 )
beef (average) ( 22,1 ) (17,2 ) ( 0,008 ) ( 273 )
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

Last edited:
I think the problem was that it was being advertised as beef and not horse? False advertising at its finest...

I know I'd be <explicit removed> if someone sold me a chunk of horse when I paid top dollar for rib eye or cattle mans cutlet.

Saying that though, I'd have no problem buying horse if it was as tasty and at a good price point :)

pretty sure they do farm roos, the problem is in Victoria you cannot kill Roo and sell it for commercial gain for either pet food or human consumption, this is one of the biggest problems when they have roo culls as there is nothing to do with the roo except bury it or leave it.

Horse i can see the same, i guess the problem with horse for human consumption is that it is a big beast but i imagine not much meat on it would be that good as they are pretty lean animals unlike cows...

Heard part of the reason horse isn't popular as a meat is the rate of disease in horses.

Unfortunately horses aren't humanely killed, and are not farmed for meat. Horse meat comes from ex race horses (wastage) and ailing/unwanted horses, when a horses work is done or financial worth has diminished, they are sent to slaughter. Doggers in Australia pay $150 for a horse "with meat on the bone"

In Australia 150 North Kosciusko brumbys were captured and 63 were killed for dog meat, these were a herd that were descendants of the Snowy Hydro settlers/builders and have roamed there since the Snowy Hydro scheme was first sketched. The other 50+ that were captured are now in a paddock accross the road from me and i financially contribute to their safe keeping and feed.

This is something I have spent alot of time campaigning for in Australia with a friend of mine. Its a terrible industry in Australia.
Europe is no better.
http://www.horseracingkills.com/the-issues/wastage/
and
http://m.theage.com.au/victoria/slaughter-of-horses-causes-outrage-20121212-2ba3l.html
And
http://www.victorianbrumbyassociation.org/brumbies-camden-sales

Last edited:
Heard part of the reason horse isn't popular as a meat is the rate of disease in horses.

False.
Horse meat isn't popular because horses have become somewhat of a "pet/companion" status in Western Countries. They also produce less meat than sheep and cows when fed the same quantity of feed, plus they have more financial worth when put to work.

Eating horses would at least make those money sucking things useful for something but I'd still rather eat beef.

I thought you'd have a few Bazza :)

Na no horses on this farm for over 30 years and there won't be any in the future. Some neighbors have some and that's bad enough.

General rule around here is if you are going to do a job for a farmer and you see horses as you drive in the gate turn around because you will never get paid.

Na no horses on this farm for over 30 years and there won't be any in the future. Some neighbors have some and that's bad enough.

General rule around here is if you are going to do a job for a farmer and you see horses as you drive in the gate turn around because you will never get paid.

Sad but true.

is the reason chicks are attracted to horses cause they are muscley with big dongers? just askin :rolleyes:
I never noticed....

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/food/woolworths-to-dna-test-meat-after-uk-horse-meat-scandal/story-fneuz8zj-1226576504618[/FONT][FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]Horse meat isn't that bad Vs beef any one tried it? My mate reckons it taste pretty good,[/FONT]
[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]He said he ate in Russia all the time coz its cheaper than beef. Unlike kangaroos it can be farmed I don't see the problem here damn [/FONT]
Bureaucracy.

[FONT=.HelveticaNeueUI]
[/FONT]• It has very low of fat and precious components:

type of meat fat (%) protein (%) kalcium (%) energy (kcal)

horse (average) ( 02,7 ) ( 20,6) ( 0,013 ) ( 117 )
beef (very lean) ( 07,2 ) ( 20,0) ( 0,009 ) ( 150 )
beef (average) ( 22,1 ) (17,2 ) ( 0,008 ) ( 273 )
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

You're missing the point Marty, when you pay for beef you expect beef.