• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

WA State Titles 1990

225kg @ 100 by Hubon. He went on to do 227.5 which I think beat Shane's record. Note BW helping him out. A good deadlifter for a good hand-off.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLj6uCgcbN0&feature=youtube_gdata_player]1990 WA State Titles 4 - YouTube[/ame]

Haven't been on this forum for a while. Alan mentioned it down the pit tonight...said that Macmad had told him that there was a video of him on youtube at the 1990 states. I had been pestering Alan for a copy of the states that year since it was my first one only a baby then and clean. I competed in the 100kg class with Mike Hubon. I would have been 20 years old and from what I remember did a 165kg bench (2nd comp). Always looked up to Mike and was great to share the platform with him. Me and another guy Randal Humich (also another junior) totaled the same but he got second on bw. Mike provided me a inspiration to go and bench 245kg (1996)at about 114kg (raw). Something which I brought up with him years later (around 1997) at which he said "I'm not surprised...look at the size of ya". A great champion...does anyone know his whereabouts want to get in touch.

Correct. Go to the top of the class. He was lifted out of the racks by Bruce Waddell during the bench press at that particular competition.

Michael posted the highest total that day, even out performing the legendary Terry Lonsdale, who seemed a bit out of form that day. I think that may also have been one of Sue Jordan's last contests (may have lifted in 93?)

Don't know if you got your facts right re: highest total - from my memory Terry was out lifted by Greg Wilson who as I remember out lifted Mike and got the biggest total. Re: Sue Jordan she lifted at the the 1992 states (but because of all the drug testing bullshit) lifted as a guest.

Was Warren Lamp lifting in that comp?
Great to see footage of a young Al. Also good to see Damir benching with Rod the other week when I dropped in to the Pit.

Haven't been on this forum for a while. Alan mentioned it down the pit tonight...said that Macmad had told him that there was a video of him on youtube at the 1990 states. I had been pestering Alan for a copy of the states that year since it was my first one only a baby then and clean. I competed in the 100kg class with Mike Hubon. I would have been 20 years old and from what I remember did a 165kg bench (2nd comp). Always looked up to Mike and was great to share the platform with him. Me and another guy Randal Humich (also another junior) totaled the same but he got second on bw. Mike provided me a inspiration to go and bench 245kg (1996)at about 114kg (raw). Something which I brought up with him years later (around 1997) at which he said "I'm not surprised...look at the size of ya". A great champion...does anyone know his whereabouts want to get in touch.

I'll load your lifts up if you like. The audio is not good and the footage is grainy so I'm guessing the weights a bit. As an impressionable spectator that day it made me realise there was more to the gym than bennching and lat pulldowns.

Nice technique for a young bloke.....

That other guy you mentioned in the 100s did some good squats that day but I think you pulled ahead with the 165 bench.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjpqa4qxAGQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]1990 WA State Titles 5 - YouTube[/ame]

There ya go champ.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akC4oGHrYFs&feature=youtube_gdata_player]1990 WA state titles 5 - YouTube[/ame]

Was Warren Lamp lifting in that comp?
Great to see footage of a young Al. Also good to see Damir benching with Rod the other week when I dropped in to the Pit.

No Warren wasn't lifting that day. First watched Warren about 1987 at the wa states (held in subiaco...Lords). I watched with amazement that day (first powerlifting comp I watched). Joe MaGowan went for some record deadlift 360kg plus...but alas he failed...but the drama was great.:)