• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Essendon FC investigated over supplements

Never a fan of James Hird even back when he was a player. Now we find out about his direct association with this Peptide importer, players not knowing what was being injected into them, now these "under the table" payments.

He looks a bit sleazy, I think he might be.

Last edited:
I am unsure why people act surprised when they hear this sort of stuff regarding sport...its not all blood, sweat and tears for alot of players....this goes from a grassroot level all the way upto a professional level....

The amount of times I have heard about people using, or being given payments in a brown paper bag when they turn upto training - just at a 1st grade club level....

Its never good for these things to come out because it does nothing for sport, nothing for juniors and nothing for the game in question - but in reality this sort of stuff is happening everyday in a number of sports across the world...behind closed doors...

yep, maybe, and when you get caught, you rightfully must pay the price.

Hird should go. He has done nothing for Essendon.

just a massive fuck up all round, Hird was a deisgrace before this and this is just the icing on the cake, but really the AFL or AFL lawyers should be held accountable for some of this as it has never been written down he cant get paid, MASSIVE balls up.

But i have said this all along Hird needs to go....

ASADA need to give themselves a fucking uppercut to the face. This has taken way too long. They can't get their shit together. Time to move on now and prevent it from happening in the future.

problem is, even if infractions or show cause letters are issued to players or whatever it is far from over, all it will do is make the oawyers even richer by heading to the courts for the next 12mths or more, k cant see any winners in all this.....

We all wondered if ASADA were bumberling idiots in this but from what I've gathered ASADA's case against Essendon is at the least:

- Dank's previous on the record admission that he administered the peptide Thymosin Beta 4 (TB4) to Essendon players. Although Dank has now shut his mouth completely. While TB4 wasn't listed as banned it was covered by a "catch all phrase" in WADA's list of prohibited substances. ASADA has since listed it directly as prohibited. http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/danks-stunning-admission-20140613-zs7ea.html

- Steven Charter's emails and text message evidence of Dank using him to source TB4.

- That former Essendon player's admission Essendon players were administered unknown substances.

- Sandor Earl's admission Dank used Peptides on him and NRL players.

- James Hird's admission Dank administered him with a Peptide.

Probably a lot more than the above that I know of. ASADA may not be totally bumberling idiots.

Reckon James Hird might be gone? The end of an illustrious career?

If its all correct, wouldn't this mean Hird (and his Mrs) have been lying through their teeth throughout all this???

Theres also Hird's association with Steven Charter throughout Hird's playing career which now looks even "stranger", considering the rest of this.

This legal action that Essendon and James Hird are now taking is just legal action based on a technicality. They are disputing whether ASADA had the right to conduct a joint investigation with the AFL. They are not disputing whether they broke the rules, they are disputing whether ASADA had a right to conduct a joint investigation.

As a remedy, Essendon want ASADA to be stopped from releasing any information about it all.

It just smells of a huge cover up now.