• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Essendon FC investigated over supplements

worst thing they could have done was not come out and said what it was. Look at the speculation just in this forum.

I reckon it was res100 too!:D

What I'm hearing "A disgruntled ex player ( Kyle Reimers ) has dropped his guts with Nines Damian Barrett about Pills given to the Bomber group in 2012. They were asked to sign a waiver before they took it(very odd) the supplement is SARMS which is a synthetic that apparently doesn't increase Testosterone but increases muscle mass. So it can't be detected"

Apparently Sarms S4

More info on Sarms: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ping-world-sport/story-fn9dirj0-1226266138458

Last edited:
Heard they were taking whey protein and creatine, but seriously they were only apparently taking ghrp6

Drugs probe at Essendon over player supplements

The investigation is understood to centre on the possibility that Essendon players were injected with peptides or ''related substances'' and that they were asked to sign consent forms handed to them by some conditioning staff.

There are various types of peptides, including those that promote muscle growth and so have similar properties to human growth hormone. There are also peptides that are inert and are legal for athletes to take.
Advertisement

Essendon has admitted its players took supplements but the club leadership said it had only learnt in recent days that there were issues with some of these products. The club would not say how many of its players had taken the supplements.

While the AFL is working with ASADA on the investigation, any potential punishment - severe if proven - could be out of the AFL's hands as it would be required to fall in line with ASADA policy.

The AFL will rely heavily on ASADA's expertise in the matter and sources said the AFL would be in accord with the drug agency in terms of punishment. Players potentially could face bans of more than two years if found guilty of using performance-enhancing drugs.

Former Essendon player Kyle Reimers told Channel Nine that the club knew it was pushing the boundaries with its program.

''From what they were saying it was right on the borderline, what they were going to give us,'' he said.

''Everyone signed it, it was a personal choice as to whether they took it … it does seem very odd, the type of stuff we were taking. They admitted to us it was right on the edge of the levels you could be taking.''

I think it can be both but I'm sure if they are found to have used ghrp6 heads are gonna roll over it.

Those amateur rugby players got banned for a few years over it.

It isn't as serious as hgh, but the public wont give a fuck and heads will roll

Yeah it's not but if its banned its banned. Nothing really to do with the public ASADA hand out the bans don't they and I don't think they differentiate between them anyway.

I also thought these peps were close to impossible to detect? Must of been a snitch or something that caught them out?