• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

how can i make sweet potatos taste better

lozza123

When i bake a sweet potato i usally eat it by its self with nothink added to it , some times i might add some sour cream but is there any other flavour i can add to make it easyer to eat?

Roast off some cumin seeds and blend then with salt.

Cover sweet potato in cumin salt, just before they are finished cooking add some line juice.

chilli , cheese ,kimchi, soy sauce, teryaki sauce , taco sauce

or
make it into dessert with chocolate or mix with stevia

how long are you baking them? i do 45 mins @ 400f

makes em nice and squishy inside, tastes great. i rub macadamia oil over the skin and bake.

Bake them drizzled in some garlic butter...... This is a real crowd pleaser....

Or

Butter and cinnamon.....

Salt and pepper is a good start. ;)

No, seriously - actually seasoning stuff sufficiently is one of the major differences between a typical cook and a decent chef (er, or cook). :)

I don't tend to eat sweet potato, but if I did, I'd try both cinammon and sour cream - they sound like great suggestions. Also, maybe try having them with other strong-tasting veges (or other foodstuffs). Might make it easier, if you're having issues eating them atm.

I always though sweet potato tasted fine like it is, a bit of salt and away you go. If you boil it cook it with salt, mash it with butter and cream maybe, but I just eat it. I like it.

I boil my sweet potato, then mash it with some salt, a drizzle of olive oil and some chopped up coriander and basil. Sometimes I'll also add in a chilli.

As the rest, I grew up with butter and Cinnamon on steamed sweet spuds, Now just a bit of salt is enough for me.

Rosemary is very nice mixed in as well for a savory mash.

The Canadians put pineapple and marshmallow through mashed sweet potato. Good for a bulk maybe?