• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Compound exercises

Mickdog

How about we put together a list of compounds that would be good in everyones workouts.

Squat
Dead lift
Bench Press
Over Head Press

Bent row
Pullups
Chin ups
T bar rows
Parallel bar weighted dips
Incline weighted pushups
Incline bench
Chest supported row
Barbell curl - technically not a compound but still a great upper body exercise

Last edited:
Bent row
Pullups
Chin ups
T bar rows
Parallel bar weighted dips
Incline weighted pushups
Incline bench
Chest supported row
Barbell curl - technically not a compound but still a great upper body exercise

When I see people curl in commercial gyms it looks like a compound exercise to me.

The barbell curl is an underrated exercise, you seldom see someone work this exercise with the same intensity as the others.

How about hardest?

1. High rep Squats
2. High rep Chin ups

Where do deadlifts go? Haven't done them in so long but I preferred them when I did to chins....

I can't tell whether you blokes are taking the piss or not. I would say-

Deadlift, squat, clean and press, jerk & snatch.

Benchpress maybe if your doing it righ.

I can't tell whether you blokes are taking the piss or not. I would say-

Deadlift, squat, clean and press, jerk & snatch.

Benchpress maybe if your doing it righ.

Theres two there that have ruined at least a thousand backs for each one they've helped.

I thought everyone knew all the major compound lifts, more or less, and the fact that they're good value (for time and energy put in), etc.

I'd be interested to hear about which isolation lifts the people here consider essential (like curls, mentioned a couple of times upthread already), and why. But hey, in case that sounds like threadcrapping...

Squat, deadlift, bench press, row, overhead press, chinup... and some compound abdominal thing of choice. You could go a fair way with just those, I reckon.

For bodybiulding purposes you'd be a fucking idiot to use them.

If you are an Olympic lifter, different story.

I assumed you were talking about squat and dead, but you meant the o - lifts?

I fucking have no idea with shatch and jerk and my clean form sucks, they are fucking hard to learn.

I assumed you were talking about squat and dead, but you meant the o - lifts?

I fucking have no idea with shatch and jerk and my clean form sucks, they are fucking hard to learn.

What's fucking up this forum is stupid simpleton comments like this.

1. This is the bodybiulding section
2. The squat and deadlift are not fucking powerlifts, they are exercises, and the most productive ones at that.

I'm sick of this shit.

Olympic lifts have no place in a bodybiulding program.
And I mean bodybiulding in terms of building a fucking body, not teareing it down.
Now fuck off an leave me alone FFS.