• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Compound exercises

Compound exercise which is very unique and came to know about it first time therefore it is better to develop and manufactured its all machines which should be computerized to handle it easily.

^^
He fits right in to this forum of machine lovers!

Compound exercise which is very unique and came to know about it first time therefore it is better to develop and manufactured its all machines which should be computerized to handle it easily.

^^
He fits right in to this forum of machine lovers!

Pressing motion used known benefits that transition of myofibril ignition of quadricep activation, but no detrimental purpose should be considered too few artichokes.

with due respect to powerlifters and weightlifters, and i just offer my opinion based on own experience of observing, training and reading, i think major lifts for most sports (including bodybuilding), in terms of going for heavy weight as much as possible, is overrated.

In lifting sports, any shortcut to maximse weight lifted is crucial; it is central to skill learning relevant to such sports.

I remember one 47 second 400m runner wanting to learn how to do power cleans after he watched me lift 135kg in gym. I said why bother, you run 3 seconds faster than me and you clean 50kg less, mostly because you have not learned the skill of lifting. Also, why risk injury.

For bbs, poundage counts as well, but lesser weight will be achieved if movement executed properly. Clearly there are bb champs that train strict and others with loose form, but unlike lifting sports, heavy lifting for sake of heavy lifting much less crucial, as Darkos points out with various factors.

For non lifting sports, i am also inclined to test power tests, such as overhead shot and standing long jump, as speed times strength (power) much more relevant. Such basic tests require very litle skill when compared to major lifts where technique for success varies greatly.

I have seen many a person squat 500 pounds with poor leg development, preferring to use back and hips. i have also seen a few 500 pound bench pressers who were not much good at bb.

Having said that, there is obviously an important role for basic exercises such as bench, squats and so on, although i would limit use of deadlifts if i was a sports coach (which i am not at moment).

Last edited:
Pressing motion used known benefits that transition of myofibril ignition of quadricep activation, but no detrimental purpose should be considered too few artichokes.

Deadlifts and clean and press in the smith Machine rule!!! They are the bestest exercise ever!!