• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Compound exercises

I'm happy with one set, I do find curls very boring. If I use dumbbells any grip position you prefer.

By the time you finish a set of curls and you need to sit down I think you know you've done a good job.

If you're using DB's rotate your hand clockwise as far as it can go and DON'T lose tension throughout the set.

Lean forward slightly when at the top and as you lower lean back this guarantees constant tension.

By the end off the set you want your arms burning and legs wobbling.

By the time you finish a set of curls and you need to sit down I think you know you've done a good job.

If you're using DB's rotate your hand clockwise as far as it can go and DON'T lose tension throughout the set.

Lean forward slightly when at the top and as you lower lean back this guarantees constant tension.

By the end off the set you want your arms burning and legs wobbling.

Clockwise? Depends which hand you are talking about. I'm assuming you mean getting it like a straight bar would be.

Palms facing up Bazza

That's what I gathered. Was just imagining trying dumbbell curling with right hand facing up and left hand rotated as far as I could down. Probably wouldn't look that out of place at most commercial gyms with the retarded shit that goes on there.

'Dinner is served' I like
The Kentucky Derby looks a bit wussy

One question on the Kentucky derby? Is your Mrs strong enough to piggy back you???

Just found out mine can't.... She collapsed and it ended up being a home fitness test...

What about wide grip upright rows? I'm still trying to find the sweet spot on these ones. Speaking of which, I think goosey hit the sweet spot early on in this thread..

What about wide grip upright rows? I'm still trying to find the sweet spot on these ones. Speaking of which, I think goosey hit the sweet spot early on in this thread..

How does that feel on the rotator cuffs?

It just doesn't feel quite right. Not as good as lateral raises, but I can't take the weight as heavy on lateral raises.

It just doesn't feel quite right. Not as good as lateral raises, but I can't take the weight as heavy on lateral raises.

Do you believe that the amount of weight lifted has a direct correlation to the amount of muscle growth?

Back when I did upright rows, I always found that a close grip on an EZ-bar worked fine for working the lateral delts. I never got any shoulder problems from it either, but then I only ever lifted the bar up to nipple level rather than trying to choke myself with it.

Do you believe that the amount of weight lifted has a direct correlation to the amount of muscle growth?

I believe that progression is directly related to the amount of muscle growth.

Interesting Ryan - I've always read that its close grip uprights that can cause shoulders issues. That and the close grip works traps more than shoulders. Maybe it just depends on your body mechanics.