• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Compound exercises

Goosey, serious question. You love the barbell curl. Why when ever I do them or dumbbell curls it fucks my elbows for the next 3 months. Not doing them heavy either.

Goosey, serious question. You love the barbell curl. Why when ever I do them or dumbbell curls it fucks my elbows for the next 3 months. Not doing them heavy either.
I ain't no Goosey, lol, but have you tried the "EZ-bar", mate? Lots of guys find it doesn't screw their elbows up, like barbell or maybe dumbbell would.

I love all exercises Bazza20, the squat has been the keystone to my lifting longevity and the main reason I love lifting so much.

How many rep's/sets?

Where in the workout do you do them?
Can you describe how you perform them please?

What's fucking up this forum is stupid simpleton comments like this.

1. This is the bodybiulding section
2. The squat and deadlift are not fucking powerlifts, they are exercises, and the most productive ones at that.

I'm sick of this shit.

Olympic lifts have no place in a bodybiulding program.
And I mean bodybiulding in terms of building a fucking body, not teareing it down.
Now fuck off an leave me alone FFS.
Can I use that post as my sig Goosey Gander?

I ain't no Goosey, lol, but have you tried the "EZ-bar", mate? Lots of guys find it doesn't screw their elbows up, like barbell or maybe dumbbell would.

When I do curls I like to have my hands fully supinated, and I like using a oly bar.

The ezcurl bar is no good for me and my elbows.
Neither are chin-ups with my hands fully supinated, my arms work best with my hands parallel.

I love all exercises Bazza20, the squat has been the keystone to my lifting longevity and the main reason I love lifting so much.

How many rep's/sets?

Where in the workout do you do them?
Can you describe how you perform them please?

Think I was just doing something like 3 sets of 10 with a reasonable easy weight.
Tried doing them straight bar as well as dumbbell curls with wrists parallel and straight. Didn't use ezy bar.

It was a fair while ago. My elbows have only just recovered and started thinking about adding them in again.

Thought it may have been chins causing it but since dropping curls they recovered.

Everyone is useless, it's the varying amount of uselesness that varies.

Now compound exercises or barbell curls is where it's at after Goosey's rant.

Think I was just doing something like 3 sets of 10 with a reasonable easy weight.
Tried doing them straight bar as well as dumbbell curls with wrists parallel and straight. Didn't use ezy bar.

It was a fair while ago. My elbows have only just recovered and started thinking about adding them in again.

Thought it may have been chins causing it but since dropping curls they recovered.

It could have been a combination of both.

If you are going to introduce them back into your workout I suggest you leave it to the end of the workout, if you can maintain constant tension with this exercise you'll only need one set of a target of twelve rep's

It could have been a combination of both.

If you are going to introduce them back into your workout I suggest you leave it to the end of the workout, if you can maintain constant tension with this exercise you'll only need one set of a target of twelve rep's

I'm happy with one set, I do find curls very boring. If I use dumbbells any grip position you prefer.