• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulking - 2 "anabolic" response window

judgey

Over the Christmas break, I found this article on muscle and strength:

Bulking For Natural Bodybuilders | Muscle & Strength

It talks about going for broke for 2 weeks when bulking, then shifting back a gear. The basis being that after about 2 weeks your body adapts and starts storing fat. Whereas in the first 2 weeks of caloric excess, the hormonal response primes the body for using the caloric excess in muscular growth.

I've noticed that bodybuilding.com have popped up an article about bulking which has a similar point, but actually points to the research to back it up.

Bodybuilding.com - Plan To Grow: Master 5 Secrets For A Better Bulk

I wonder whether it might mean that bulking by doing 2 weeks of 1000+ caloric excess, followed by 2 weeks at maintenance (maybe with decreased rest periods/more supersets/giant sets) could lead to much leaner gains over the course of the year.

Thoughts? #broscience? #screw-the-research-let's-just-eat-pizza-drink-(raw)milk-and-get-fat?

Sounds like a bit of broscience to me, but then again if you give it a go and it works then why not do it this way, especially for those who have trouble eating less.