• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Slimming Down & Toning Up - advice needed for a newbie

700 Cal per day for someone of your size is too low, especially if you are training.

Your husband is probably correct in saying that your belly is just skin. You have had kids. At 17.5% bodyfat he is probably right. It doesn't sound like you have any clear goals, so get some.

My goals are to trim down my hips and stomach and increase muscle tone all over - not to the extent of say an actual body builder, more like a fitness model

Sorry but this made me lol.

This is not a goal. At least a sustainable one. Any photo shoot or competition 'fitness models' enter, they prepare for to peak at one day. For the competition this involves cutting both fat and hydration to a level that is not sustainble. Not as much as a 'body builder' but certain a decent amount. The result you see on stage is the result of weeks and month or preparation to peak in those few minutes. And during this prep they can often feel like absolute crap.

Anything in magazine is the same as above, but with the addition of much photoshopping.

If you are planning on competing then this is a goal. But if you aren't going to compete, then you should pick something more realistic.

Your goal is crap anyway as it is in no way measurable and completely subjective. Get yourself some numbers to aim for at least.

If you post a photo of yourself people might be able to give you some more tips.

17% bf for a woman is quite low.

I'm dropping a kg a week on 2200 cals (101kg approx 29% bf)

To low carbs put you in starvation mode and your body will do everything possible to
preserve its resources including using muscle.

To low carbs put you in starvation mode and your body will do everything possible to
preserve its resources including using muscle.

Not if your fats are high enough, you will then go into ketosis and many find this a great way of dropping BF and maintaining muscle, although many dont recommend it for building muscle.

As the rest said, bump up your cals.

Get a dexa scan and use that to work out what you need.

What things to get the cals in? What your doing now just more of it, And if you cant eat that much. Use things like shakes, Oil and Nuts to get in lots of cals

Heck you could even do a 1000 calorie shake and just have 1 a day.

As the rest said, bump up your cals.

Get a dexa scan and use that to work out what you need.

What things to get the cals in? What your doing now just more of it, And if you cant eat that much. Use things like shakes, Oil and Nuts to get in lots of cals

Heck you could even do a 1000 calorie shake and just have 1 a day.

or if you think you can't eat more ... yes you can. just take it slow and increase portion sizes by 1/4 to start with each week. I did exactly that and I now eat twice what I used to eat, sometimes more.

And feel better for it.

but yes, while doing that, supplement with liquid cals.

gosh, I was eating 700cals or so when I was anorexic! I'm gobsmacked.

Sydking what exactly is a dexa scan??

Sorry to those of you who think my goal is crap - you're right in that I'm not trying to become anything amazing but this is a realistic, achievable and desired goal for me which I will strive to achieve.

Again I appreciate the other tips about increasing calories. Yesterday got to 1000 with the help of an additional protein shake and a bigger dinner but today again it looks like I'm back at the 750 mark. Ill try and sneak in another shake after dinner.

Sydking what exactly is a dexa scan??

Sorry to those of you who think my goal is crap - you're right in that I'm not trying to become anything amazing but this is a realistic, achievable and desired goal for me which I will strive to achieve.

Again I appreciate the other tips about increasing calories. Yesterday got to 1000 with the help of an additional protein shake and a bigger dinner but today again it looks like I'm back at the 750 mark. Ill try and sneak in another shake after dinner.

may I ask if you've suffered from an eating disorder at all? Or have some food phobias because honestly, calories that low and struggling to get to 1000 rings alarm bells very loudly.

ps your goal is not "crap" but it might be a little misguided perhaps? at the very least, the path you are on is unlikely to help you achieve your goal ... if your posts here are accurate.

what are you using to track your calories atm?

or if you think you can't eat more ... yes you can. just take it slow and increase portion sizes by 1/4 to start with each week. I did exactly that and I now eat twice what I used to eat, sometimes more.

And feel better for it.

but yes, while doing that, supplement with liquid cals.

gosh, I was eating 700cals or so when I was anorexic! I'm gobsmacked.

Oilucy,

Chochillimango is someone you should listen too..... You might need help if your intake is that low...

I'm with you girls

2y4yre8e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Def no rating disorders or food phobias! I (was) the biggest chocoholic you'll ever meet but notice such a huge diff in my skin, hair and body when I eat healthily.
My entire family is small and my mum struggles to put on weight. I don't have that issue but I honestly don't have any annorexia issues or similar to sort out, I've simply never been a big eater.
Will post some pics once I figure out how

Apologies if your the real deal oilucy....

People.on here are always happy to help and offer support...occasionally threads get trolled with time wasters...

I use tapatalk for posting images... I find it very handy...

The other way is to host your pics using photo bucket et.al....