• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hi, I've got the IronEdge 32kg adjustable kb and love it.

Very easy and quick to adjust and the weights inside are very secure so they don't move around, keeping the weight distribution consistent in all moves.

With any adjustable kb though, I'm cautious about using them for cleans as the seam where they join can scratch or worse. But for everything else, it's fantastic.

No experience with the other one. I'm very happy with the IronEdge one...it's been a good investment for me.

I bought Force one from Gym and Fitness(from ebay) end of 2011..
paid $170+21 shipping.
it got knocked around a bit during transport..

the ad said 12kg case, then 4, 4, 4 and 8kg plates, for 32kg total
weighing them up, i got 13kg case, 2, 3, 3, 4 and 7.8kg plates, and a total of 33kg! but it did come in a "proper" Force cardboard box.

I see they've now changed the ad to be
Kettlebell with no internal weight plates: 12.5kg plates 3kg, 3.8kg, 8kg, 2.8kg, 1.9kg

construction looks similar to the IE one, and both internally and externally, I can't see any difference, apart from the paint colour.
Force one also overlaps at the seam, but the handle is finishied very well, so is very comfortable.

CCM, have you measured the weight of the individual plates?
if not, would you mind doing so at some point?

they might be an identical item... or the IE one has evenly graduated weight plates... either way, i'm still happy with the Force one ;)

I'll weigh them today

Thanks guys, really appreciate the info and pics :)

Force usa seem to be mirroring the entire product range of Iron edge (or the other way round).

E.g. i thought Iron edge was the only company to make Slosh balls (water balls) and aqua bags, but no Force USA have them as well.

in the end, they all come from the same place, but both Force and IE have the "good handle" compared to some others there
China Adjustable Kettlebell , China Adjustable Kettlebell Products, Manufacturers and Suppliers on Alibaba.com
(but notice variations in handle shape, lockign method, and shape/size of internal plates)

this one has a very familiar picture ;)
Adjustable Kettlebell - Buy Adjustable Kettlebell,32kg Adjustable Kettlebell,Adjustable Competition Kettlebell Product on Alibaba.com

I go to China for work a few times a year. Man we should start setting up some forum group buys for certain bits of equipment and ship them over ourselves. In particular something like bumper plates

Bumper Plates-Bumper Plates Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comSports & Entertainment

OK guys, this is the one i have from IronEdge:

bae4719c5291f469ed993889f4949edd.jpg

I calibrated my scales first because I'm OCD and I can so then ...

Empty (but including the two bolts that hold it together) it should be 12kg.

Mine comes in at 11.1kg.

Bit disappointed with that. Haven't used it as a double with my 12kg (which is spot on 12kg). Luckily cos 1kg will make a difference at that weight if you're doing dble kb moves, especially jerks etc.

The lead weights inside:

• 8kg plate ... spot on 8kg!

• 4kg plates were 3.7kg, 4.3kg and 4.3kg respectively.
All up, full weight is 31.4kg.

I'm actually disappointed as it's just over 1/2 kg out. If it were 200g I'd not care so much. Wondering now if I can fit 600g or so of lead shot in there. not much room to move in there when it's full.

Note: over time and with use, the lead plates will wear away a bit and lose mass, obviously. But i haven't had it long enough for that to happen.

The lead weights are fine, but the empty KB is a problem. almost 1kg off it's stated weight.

Damn!

EDIT: just realised the old man's got a couple of little 1/2kg physio hand weights he uses for his arthritis, which are spot on 0.5kg. I'm going to attach one of those to the KB. LOL, crisis over!

Last edited:
I go to China for work a few times a year. Man we should start setting up some forum group buys for certain bits of equipment and ship them over ourselves. In particular something like bumper plates

Bumper Plates-Bumper Plates Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on Alibaba.comSports & Entertainment

Factor in shipping, unpack, duty, freight from dock to unpack facility etc the prices quoted there aren't that competitive, you can get cheap bumpers locally if you shop around and bargain.

Having dealt with the chinese a fair bit I can tell ya there is a good chance they will send you a couple tonne of 5's cause thats what they have trouble selling and your a one-off customer. I wouldn't be doing it unless I could see them loaded at the other end.

I could tell you some horror stories about the shit I've seen come through. That and freight forwarders are ****s and just pass all these hidden costs along to you.

Factor in shipping, unpack, duty, freight from dock to unpack facility etc the prices quoted there aren't that competitive, you can get cheap bumpers locally if you shop around and bargain.

Having dealt with the chinese a fair bit I can tell ya there is a good chance they will send you a couple tonne of 5's cause thats what they have trouble selling and your a one-off customer. I wouldn't be doing it unless I could see them loaded at the other end.

I could tell you some horror stories about the shit I've seen come through. That and freight forwarders are ****s and just pass all these hidden costs along to you.

Yeah mate, i know the logistics are tough, oh well just a thought

CCM, are they lead plates or cast iron/steel?
pretty sure mine are steel/cast shit iron, cos it'd be cheaper :D

i remember there is space up the top in mine, even with smallest plate in..
could easily get some lead shot and epoxy it all in...
is the centre threaded thing hollow all the way? can drip some lead/solder up there too?

shouldn't have to tho, and be interesting to see how other IE/Force KB's pan out

haha yep cast iron ... think i spent way too much time being exposed to lead in my lab years ago :p

I sent them an email today with all the details.

This is how my current actuals vs specifications work out:

11.1kg vs 12kg

14.8kg vs 16kg

19.1kg vs 20kg

23.4kg vs 24kg

27.1kg vs 28kg

31.4kg vs 32kg

That's a lot of variance.
But yeah, maybe I could wrangle some lead shot in there. the threaded bolt isn't hollow but there might be a bit of space. I think I've got some lead shot in the garage.

But I shouldn't have to do that..will see what they say!

Forgot to update. Got a response from IronEdge about the adjustable KB.

The competition grade kbs are calibrated quite strictly (and must say all mine are pretty much spot on).
The adjustable one, however, is not. So one has to expect some variation from the stated weight. As the adjustables are never used for comps, there is no incentive to calibrate them I guess.

BUT, there does seem to be some room to load up a little lead shot in there so will find out best way to do it from my KB Garage group and sort that shit out at last :)

i have some lead shot i could donate to the cause, but a bit far away :(
other option = (real) lead flashing glued in?

can drill an fill plates... "mallory metal" is another common heavy filler (and those stick on wheel weights, if you know someone in a tyre shop, need shitloads of them)

haha thanks, I have some lead shot in the garage. some left over from dad's work workshop and some from my old lab year ago. Pays to bring odd bits home :p

good suggestion on the lead flashing. Might see what others have found that works well too so there's minimal jiggling in the bell.

1kg seems a bit too much of a variation. Imagine if you got a full set of 20s that were off by a kg? Your 180kg dead turns into a 172kg one...

1kg seems a bit too much of a variation. Imagine if you got a full set of 20s that were off by a kg? Your 180kg dead turns into a 172kg one...

the comp ones are strictly calibrated so that is unlikely to happen. only the adjustables vary.

so no fear on a swag of 20kgs!