• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[MartialArts] Official TUF Season 17 Discussion Thread

Neddysmith

Standard kunce
Well after seeing the first episode last night and with the disappointment of both the Smashes and Season 16 I am really looking for ward to this season.

I am a Big Cheal fan, but both coaches seem to be pretty good and will be interesting to see the banter as the season progresses.

The fighters for this season look to be the best in a while with some pretty talented guys getting through.

It does look promising so far, Sonnen seems cool and Jones still seems a little awkward to me but theres 4-5 really decent guys on there which is a lot better then the smashes which had 2 at a stretch and Nelson vs Carwin season which had 1 possibly. Also was cool to have their friends and family there cheering them on / seeing a little about each guy as well.

The guy in the last fight ( l think ) who fought the NZ bloke looked like a fucking pyschopath. l think Andrews (NZ bloke) is a lot better then to be picked last. Not sure about sonnens #1 pick either, im thinking that first fight will look a lot like Nelson vs Struve. Top guys for KFG would be, Clint Hester, Uriah Hall, Tor Troeng, the dude who looked like an American version of Shogun (he just grapple fucked the guy in his fight) Im sure l missed a few as im not 100% of everyones names yet....

Yeah my top 3 fighters (going from memory) are Gilbert Smith Jr, Kevin Kasey and Uriah Hall, Uriah being my top pick, although until you see them fight again and train this could change as it could have just been his opponent which made him look so good.

Also what i like about this season is Cheal as much as people think he is a dick seems to have real personality which helps, Carwin in the previous season as much as he seemed a decent coach just had no personality and Nelson was a terrible coach and appeared to be there for his own benefit.

Its hard to tell in those elimination fight, most of them are usually walk overs. Is Smith jr the Mike Tyson looking guy fighting next week?

Chael seemed like a cool guy but I was surprised with how they seemed to make jones the bad guy rolling gis eyes, shaking his head etc when Chael was being cool with him at the start...

Yeah true about those eliminations fights, and yes Smith Jr is the mike tyson looking guy.

I guess the thing with Cheal and Jones, they do have to sort of build the rivalry a bit and portray one as a good guy and one as a bad guy even if they both are decent blokes, thing is if i knew i was going to be fighting someone trying to knockhim out or break an arm i wouldnt want to be getting too friendly, but thats just me.

Check out "Kevin Casey". Only losses are from Minowa Man in his first fight and Matt Lindland however...................................................................

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2N2TiKI3o]KEVIN CASEY MMA FIGHTER WARNING TO ALL COMPETITORS - YouTube[/ame]

What the fuck and "haha" at Spencer Pratt being in the video (if any male has been pussy whipped by a girlfriend into watching The OC or THe Hills or one of those shows that douchebag is on one of them, cant remember which one)

I liked the look of a few of them, prob Uriah Hall stood out the most, he looks like a serious chance of winning it.

The interaction between the coaches was interesting. If only Chael had more self-confidence lol...

With the verbal stouches and mind games, Chael will have Bones for breakfast (doesn't sound appetizing the way I put it), but when it comes time to let the fists, feet and esp elbows do the talking, Bones will tear him a new orifice.

The hotel room family meet-ups were kinda ok but there were too many dudes crying (oh this is my moment, waaaaaa waaaaaa, fkn embarrassing) and it took away from the time allocated to show the actual fights. Instead we got too many 'performance highlights'.

And I didn't like those extreme close ups of Dana White's ugly mug at the start of the episode.

I think that about covers all my whinges....until the next episode at least.

yeah first episode was gay, to much family shit, will be a good season though, i think Dylan deserved more than last pick,

Woohoo. I have hope for this season. Apart from all the family and tears business I thought the matches were the best for at least the last few seasons. Although I admit the cheering does at atmosphere even when watching on TV.

Sonnen is a favourite of mine. Yeah he can be a dick, but he's an entertaining dick and I think he ended up with better fighters overall.

First fight will be interesting as you have the guy picked for his cardio against the guy whose cardio was questioned due to his bulk.

EP 2, fight was a bit disappointing I thought but the ending was good, best thing about the EP was the preview for next weeks episode, with all the drama I cannot wait for that fight.....

Would have discussed fight a bit more but don't want to put spoilers in just I case people haven't seen it as yet.

KFG stays out of this thread until he watches the ep. Just saw it then, thought the fight would have gone different, will discuss more later... Dont like how team jones handled their boy though, would have been tough for Gilbert.

I'm interested for next week too. Good marketing promo.

I read somewhere else that the person in the ambulance is black. It wouldn't surprise me if that scene wasn't actually from next weeks episode.

Spoilers*****

The Ultimate Fighter: Josh Samman breaks down episode two - Bloody Elbow

Most of what happened makes so much more sense now.... Nice way they cut and pasted shit together to make it seem like the Jones team was against Gilbert even after the fight pick which wasnt the case.

This does explain a lot, as just watching the episode seemed some very weird goings on and backstabbing etc etc.

Just goes to show how things can be manipulated to suit whatever the producer wants to portray.

This does explain a lot, as just watching the episode seemed some very weird goings on and backstabbing etc etc.

Just goes to show how things can be manipulated to suit whatever the producer wants to portray.

For sure, they never did show Team Jones trying to rev Gil up or anything like Sammons said happened but at least it doesn't make them out to be such douchebags ripping on a guy saying hes not ready when he's fighting soon.

With how the fight played out l thought Gilbert might have rushed in, winged a few punches in early then got a slam type takedown then not really being able to do much on the mat they get stood up, he'd be gassed nearly and (fuck, forgot his name already, tall guy he fought...) would start peppering him with shots and kicks to win a lop sided UD.

Also is it just me or does Sammons have some really bad gyno and un natural 'acne'?

Well EP 3 certainly delivered a good KO, pretty much went as expected and was a little bit like a man fighting a boy I thought as much as the other guy tried and force the action in stages was completely outclassed...

That was a good match up from Sonnen, thats how Jones should have done it. Adam was making some dangerous noises when he got knocked out, was surprised his jaw wasn't broken. Pretty sure that ambo scene they kept playing with the guy getting carried away looked like Kevin Casey so maybe he gets beat up next fight? Who knows....