• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

[MartialArts] Official TUF Season 17 Discussion Thread

Yeah seemed the kick got him a bit higher, maybe around the temple or ear, either way looked pretty bad, who knows where that ambo seen fits in, in the highlights for next weeks show itseemed Casey was getting the upper hand but we all know how things can be made to look for extra ratings...

***********SPOILERS******************

Besides the first 7 seconds + the little flurry in round 2 that was the worst fight so far easily. Casey didn't do a fucking thing and when he got the upper hand with that little flurry he went right back to hugging him against the fence to 'tire him out'.. Only person you tired out as yourself. l think Team Bones takes next week as well.... Dick move by Colin as well, l know "king" comes off as a punk but flipping him off seemed a little douchey.

meh, its tv, and it worked, cause that guy got frustrated and didnt turn up the fighter he is supposed to be

Agree with your summary KFG, Casey just never looked in the fight or even interested in winning it, except for maybe the first 5 secs of the second riund when he clipped Colin. As Colin flipping the bird during the face off, just made him look like a dick in front of everyone I thought, I know it was spur of the moment and suppose to put off Casey but really made him look like a dick, but then again if Casey got put of his whole fight because someone flipped him the bird during the face off really this would be more surprising....

Chael is a legend

The Smashes was good and same with the Nelson/Carwin TUF

My favorite ones were the original 1-2 TUF, only got first 14 on my HD, but missing the last 4, are they up to 18 or so now?

I think Chael will have a lot more fans after this season, seems like a pretty smart legit dude, that last fight was boring, chael was telling him exactly what to do and he couldn't even listen, as dana said, he didnt turn up to fight

I liked Chael's comments a couple episodes back about embracing fear, recognizing it and dealing with it. Can't remember what he said, but sheet it was good anyway. He's got a smart mental approach to fight preparation.

I liked Chael's comments a couple episodes back about embracing fear, recognizing it and dealing with it. Can't remember what he said, but sheet it was good anyway. He's got a smart mental approach to fight preparation.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWG_Uf5fyuo"]Chael Sonnen's Inspiring Speech About Failure ~ HD - Subtitulos en Español - YouTube[/ame]

He's going to have a lot more fans after TUF. Everyone gets to see the smarts that he has although he usually chooses to put that energy into trash talking which is clearly working for him getting title shots and all.

It's good stuff isn't it, I like how he gives practical advice on the tools for victory, whilst at the same time recognizing that the fear of failure always lingers. Recognize it, don't be petrified of it, but focus on the tools for victory.

He also mentioned he saw a sports psychologist. If he taught Chael that, then he'd be worth every cent. You can apply that thinking to many different areas of life and have success.

l heard when he was on the Rogan podcast he saw a few and it was mainly to do with him getting caught in a sub 7 minutes into a fight, that just seemed to be his sticking point and the psych got him to 'overcome' that as well as give him tools to constantly access himself l guess and pass quality info onto others.

I'm actually going to keep this episode around. Not because it was a great fight but because it's how I tend to go myself. Good to be reminded it sucks.

Who the hell calls their kid bubba anyhow?

If Josh Sammons isnt on / never been on the gas in any form ill suck someones cock, like a fucking savage as well.

Please advise when people have watched this ep. Would like to discuss.

Last edited:
Watched. Me lickey. Going to watch he fight again and get those sweeps is slow motion.

Too bad the one mistake at the end really cost him.

Next weeks fights looks like it's an entertaining match up too. Looking forward to it.

*Spoilers*

Really enjoyed the fight this week, plenty of good back and forth scrambling in the first round.

The young kid has talent, but hasn't polished his control on the ground just yet... his takedowns and constant sweeps were pretty impressive - against a seasoned veteran no less.

I was up out of my chair at the finish (had to go for the underdog right?), bubba was overconfident and got a bit of a shock I feel?

This is the best season of the show yet imo.

Last edited:
KFG Semi picks

Team Jones
- Clint Hester
- Collin Hart
- Dylan Andrews

Team Sonnen
- Luke Barnett
- Uriah Hall
- Tor Troeng
- Kelvin Gastelum

Wildcard so far.... Bubba.... Adams out due to being ktfo. Caseys cut and Gilbert looked worse then Bubba....

Watched. Me lickey. Going to watch he fight again and get those sweeps is slow motion.

Too bad the one mistake at the end really cost him.

Next weeks fights looks like it's an entertaining match up too. Looking forward to it.

Seemed in the first round Kelvin wasnt getting set when he got a position. He seemed to keep driving through and putting too much weight behind it so he kept getting swept... Could be wrong though. Really looking forward to next weeks fight, hoping for the same result as this week.

*Spoilers*

Really enjoyed the fight this week, plenty of good back and forth scrambling in the first round.

The young kid has talent, but hasn't polished his control on the ground just yet... his takedowns and constant sweeps were pretty impressive - against a seasoned veteran no less.

I was up out of my chair at the finish (had to go for the underdog right?), bubba was overconfident and got a bit of a shock I feel?

This is the best season of the show yet imo.

Was so glad to watch Bubba break and quit when he was getting chocked as well. As soon as he realised he wasnt just going to be able to walk through Kelvin.

Season 5 to me had the best first but l do like this season for sure so far. The Casey fight was pretty meh but 3/4 aint bad.

I wanted the young bloke to win, bubba was starting to piss me off.

Bubba and Josh Sammons both piss me off. They act like they've already won.