• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Stewstews

Small Fry
Been giving this a lot of thought recently. Whether any AAS, hormones, pro-hormones, peptides etc are worth it? I’m certainly not across what does what and how well yet, just at that intrigued stage.

The more time I've spent on this board, the more I feel like I’m “leaving money on the table of life” by not taking advantage.

What interests me most are the knock-on effects on health, happiness, physically, mentally, confidence – quality of life etc. Hell, I even see "wellness clinics" use some of these things as life extension products.

In life we’re looking for any advantage. If I’m getting more bang for buck out of life, great. If the effort I put into my workouts gives greater reward, great. If I’m reaching my goals quicker, great. If I'm thinking my clearly, great. If I’m feeling more confident, great. If I’m working smarter, faster, better, happier and as a result being more successful at work, great. I know I am up against some people across a number of fronts that have the extra advantage (beginning to think it is more common than I thought), so why not take advantage myself? Why not make the most of what I can?

Tell me something is legal and it will contribute to any of the above and I’ll give it a go (this is why there is such a market for vitamins, nootropics etc). But crossing the line to something banned feels like a big step. I am self-satisfied when I achieve a goal by being clean at present – a worry is that in future I will feel like I've cheated myself if I try something, and I won't have that same "achievement drive". The flip side of that is that I’m possibly limiting my potential by not using.

Regarding how open I’d be - I think that I would lie to most people if they asked me if I was on anything. I dislike pleading innocence where it obvious someone is on something. I don’t think I’d like to use to a level where it is obvious for that reason. But then there are family/close friends, perhaps I'd need to be open to an extent with them - or conversely feel guilty all the time keeping it quiet from them.

So feel free to discuss or provide any input, but some example questions would be:

• What impact have you found any use has had on your all-round life?
  • Are you extra discreet (and why?), or quite open on use?
  • If you had your time over again, what would you do?

Looking for wisdom and constructive discussion.

i would only ever consider using if i had reached my maximum potential first.

Where do you draw the line though, do you use legal supps at present to maximise what you are doing? (I do)

The line is blurry at the edges. E.g. DMAA now being scheduled but was legal before, and HGH releasing ghrp6 isn't illegal (AFAIK)? I would think looking at these two that their positions could be reversed?

I find it ironic that people will buy 268 different supplements in a hope it will increase their testosterone and/or their performance..... And still claim natural.

What is clean? That line is certainly become much more blurred these days.

If use testosterone, it will probably be cheaper and more effective, and increase all the things you were trying to do with your supplements.

In no way am I trying to convince you to use testosterone, but talking from my own experience with HRT (for primary hypogpnadism), it was completely worth it.

I am obviously quite open about it on the boards/team mates and to my immediate family as everything is legal and above board, but choose not to tell any friends ect because they are very ignorant on the subject........ As is the case with 99% of Australians.

I find it ironic that people will buy 268 different supplements in a hope it will increase their testosterone and/or their performance..... And still claim natural.

What is clean? That line is certainly become much more blurred these days.

If use testosterone, it will probably be cheaper and more effective, and increase all the things you were trying to do with your supplements.

That's what I am debating in my own mind, it's blurry - either get a bunch of legal products that only possibly have an effect and cost a bunch of money... or go straight for what works but have to cross some sort of line.

I really think it is a very personal thing and something you have to decide maybe with the help from family?

Personally i think if you are going to take the step across then everything else has to be in check to make the most out if it, such as diet and lifting etc. Else, you are not getting the maximum benefit from it. I have seen many people turn to AAS in the hope of being massive and ripped yet never get close as they were behind the 8 ball to begin with and their diet and weights routine was not upto scratch.

I really think it is a very personal thing and something you have to decide maybe with the help from family?

Personally i think if you are going to take the step across then everything else has to be in check to make the most out if it, such as diet and lifting etc. Else, you are not getting the maximum benefit from it. I have seen many people turn to AAS in the hope of being massive and ripped yet never get close as they were behind the 8 ball to begin with and their diet and weights routine was not upto scratch.

Good advice. Hopeful all these comments helps others that might stumble across the thread.

As for me, I'm not close to doing it at this stage, and would be a while away if I did. But just finding my views towards it are changing somewhat, frustratingly finding myself in contradiction with myself! If that makes sense.

Good advice. Hopeful all these comments helps others that might stumble across the thread.

As for me, I'm not close to doing it at this stage, and would be a while away if I did. But just finding my views towards it are changing somewhat, frustratingly finding myself in contradiction with myself! If that makes sense.

Definately no harm in thinking about it and researching it before making that step, the thought has crossed my mind a couple of times and each time i have time i have come to conclusion i have not been ready as my diet or training wasnt squared away or i wasnt lean enough.

A little bit why i havent competed, have thought i have been big enough or would take too ling to get lean enough or whatever.

Maybe i am just making excuses......

im nearly 36, iv been using gear(moderatly) since i was 20, i have NO long term issues other than i put on weight easy due to getting big and strong and not watching my diet or beer consumption anymore.

when i started cycling all i had was bladders of prop and enanthate. no internet, limited knowledge.

i always use good quality stuff and i always take on board what iv learnt through forums and media, the only thing i havent done and wished id done better is my PCT.

i look back now and im glad i did it, i like being strong and i like training, i also recognise that i could of reached my goals without gear but it would have been alot harder. i look forward to the future, especially with peptides and good quality aas available.

Stews you don't get tested with the basket ball ?

Lol I'm not that good, nor do I think I'd ever be in a position to be tested.

Do you get what I'm saying in this thread? If someone offered you a pill, and it was legal, no bad sides etc, and it improved your quality of life - would you take it?

im nearly 36, iv been using gear(moderatly) since i was 20, i have NO long term issues other than i put on weight easy due to getting big and strong and not watching my diet or beer consumption anymore.

when i started cycling all i had was bladders of prop and enanthate. no internet, limited knowledge.

i always use good quality stuff and i always take on board what iv learnt through forums and media, the only thing i havent done and wished id done better is my PCT.

i look back now and im glad i did it, i like being strong and i like training, i also recognise that i could of reached my goals without gear but it would have been alot harder. i look forward to the future, especially with peptides and good quality aas available.
You think bladders were good quality stuff? Did you transfer the gear into separate vials? Did you SWAB the bladder top every time? I could ask a million questions here..LOL
Pretty sure the facilities and hygiene standards for animal products is much less stringent than what is produced for human use.

Biggest impact will be to your wallet. That shits expensive and everyone seems to start out cycling and end up blast and cruising.

Think about what else you could do with that money.

You think bladders were good quality stuff? Did you transfer the gear into separate vials? Did you SWAB the bladder top every time? I could ask a million questions here..LOL
Pretty sure the facilities and hygiene standards for animal products is much less stringent than what is produced for human use.

Pretty sure the controls on vet grade are ALOT better then the shit some dude brewed in his kitchen from raw powder he got from fuck knows where.

And change one item - it's not legal - and answer is no? (That's my current standpoint)

yeah pretty much. when i was younger and didnt have a wife, mortgage, career etc i wouldnt care if it was legal or not but now i have things to lose so i tend to stay on the right side of the law these days.

Pretty sure the controls on vet grade are ALOT better then the shit some dude brewed in his kitchen from raw powder he got from fuck knows where.
I was comparing to Pharma grade stuff. You'd be hard pressed to get bladder's these days, pls correct me if I'm wrong there.