• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I was comparing to Pharma grade stuff. You'd be hard pressed to get bladder's these days, pls correct me if I'm wrong there.

Yeah mate I get ya, just saying most gear nowadays is home brew which is pretty much dodgy as fuck, anyway you look at it there will be nearly nil hygiene control. I think thats what old mate meant in his post vet grade>home brew.

Doesn't matter a pinch of shit to me I don't use the gear, might consider it if we had decent access to proper pharma in this country, like they do in asia or mexico.

Have seen a couple mates have fucked up looking abcesses cut out, not a pretty site.

oh i could still get bladders im not just saying that either, dont contact me though because i dont need to or want too, as far as how good bladders are and how sterile, 100% on both. although the ropel was only 75mg/ml but the prop was 100mg/ml. consider buying 500ml of prop for 300 buks :) VET grade stuffs as hygenic as pharma.

I've seen people go off the rails mis-using AAS. Hormones, particularly androgens, affect the way you feel and often there are associated behavioural manifestations.

But sadly, it's often difficult to draw the user's attention to their condition (Junkies think they're okay too) and some will continue to the point of oblivion. They take the ride which can have extreme swings from feelings of invincibility to the post-cycle, menopause-like depression.

Where do people even get this stuff these days? I always pictured tapping the biggest guy on the shoulder in the gym and asking if he sells.

Stew, I went through a very similar process of trying to work out whether to try it out or not in 92. There was no internet but plenty of cheap gear. In those days, the penalties were comparatively light so there was plenty of vet gear being snuck out the back door. That stopped with the change in drug status and now it's home brewed or fake or whatever.

The main thing that stopped me then was the realisation that I was never going to make a fortune from my physique. Just being massive for the sake of it didn't hold enough appeal to take any risks. I hadn't done any research so I didn't even know what risks I was avoiding but I didn't like the idea of buying gear from the same guy who would teach me how to use it.

Once I got it straight in my head, I didn't consider it again until a couple of years ago. I started thinking about HRT but eventually decided that I was just making excuses for not training hard enough and in the end I didn't even bother getting the blood tests.

I have never considered PED use to be cheating unless you are competing in a competition that forbids it. Some people think non-competitive use is cheating. Cheating whom? If there is no victim then there is no offence, simple as that.

Stew, I went through a very similar process of trying to work out whether to try it out or not in 92. There was no internet but plenty of cheap gear. In those days, the penalties were comparatively light so there was plenty of vet gear being snuck out the back door. That stopped with the change in drug status and now it's home brewed or fake or whatever.

The main thing that stopped me then was the realisation that I was never going to make a fortune from my physique. Just being massive for the sake of it didn't hold enough appeal to take any risks. I hadn't done any research so I didn't even know what risks I was avoiding but I didn't like the idea of buying gear from the same guy who would teach me how to use it.

Once I got it straight in my head, I didn't consider it again until a couple of years ago. I started thinking about HRT but eventually decided that I was just making excuses for not training hard enough and in the end I didn't even bother getting the blood tests.

I have never considered PED use to be cheating unless you are competing in a competition that forbids it. Some people think non-competitive use is cheating. Cheating whom? If there is no victim then there is no offence, simple as that.

Great response mate.

I mean I don't want to be massive massive and don't think I'd abuse it given that. I'm sure plenty say that initially though :) Perhaps the most intriguing aspect though are the knock on effects - confidence etc. That's why I put quality of life into the considerations.

The easy example are the younger guys who like to use simply to pump themselves up just to target the ladies, but it does give them confidence and gets them noticed, so I can't argue that it hasn't made them happy. (I'm taken though so this angle isn't an interest for me)

Yeah mate I get ya, just saying most gear nowadays is home brew which is pretty much dodgy as fuck, anyway you look at it there will be nearly nil hygiene control. I think thats what old mate meant in his post vet grade>home brew.

Doesn't matter a pinch of shit to me I don't use the gear, might consider it if we had decent access to proper pharma in this country, like they do in asia or mexico.

Have seen a couple mates have fucked up looking abcesses cut out, not a pretty site.

I've said this before I think but I'd only inject something if it was pharmacy grade. Vet grade is still made in hygienic conditions though so I would consider it if it was my only option. I've been to a few labs when I worked in microwaves (they use them to dry pharmaceuticals) and the animal shit was made the exact same way as the human shit. Orals I don't mind so much with my healthy liver although I wouldn't take dianabol anymore simply because the chances are you're not taking dbol.

Pretty sure the controls on vet grade are ALOT better then the shit some dude brewed in his kitchen from raw powder he got from fuck knows where.

Firstly only an idiot would buy gear off someone who homebrews unless they knew the guy and his cleaning habits wen brewing.
If the enviroment is immaculatly clean and the brewer is brewing in as close to sterial enviroment using close to sterial equipment the right filters and ammounts of BA it is pretty hard to get an infection at the falt of the brewer. Thats one of the purposes of the Benzyl Alcohol. I would trust that more than a gallon of oil in a bladder thats been used for fuck knows how long.
I often chucked 5 or 6 ml of gear out wen iv known i wont be using it for a wile those stoppers make me paranoid after sticking them a few times. The thought of someone using a bladder for years on end makes me feel crook in the guts! Lol

Good thread many of you have posted the thoughts in my head that i couldnt write down.

Interested in more feedback.

This topic is of great interest and its a shame its hard to get real examples and advice or studies with evidence.

Ive been training for over 2 years and i always have thought later down the track, but at what risk??

Stew, I went through a very similar process of trying to work out whether to try it out or not in 92. There was no internet but plenty of cheap gear. In those days, the penalties were comparatively light so there was plenty of vet gear being snuck out the back door.

Pre-93 there were things that were not on the list of banned substances, that are now. From memory, a male could return a positive test for pregnancy (HCG) and not face any further enquiry.

The use of steroids is a natural progression for any serious athlete.

With regards to issues such as cleanliness the most common and likely problem you may encounter is when some idiot fucks the alcohol content. The result, muscle inflammation on a sever level. It’s like doms on crack. I have experienced it twice, it is similar to when you get really good prop, the pain just lasts a lot long longer (7 - 10 days) all you can do is just ride it out.

Make no mistake unless you are in the ‘privileged’ position, to have some medical condition which allows you to get prescribed testosterone, you will very likely be buying “homemade shit”.

Welcome life mate it’s filled with risks. Apply common sense and you will be fine, for example, buying items off a 5.5, 120 pound weakling is probably not a wise decision. Infection abscesses and all that weird shit, it’s like plane crashes, yes they occur but you have to be one unlucky person to become a victim of it.

Bladders, thats old school i heard they use to be cheap as chips too.

It's not. I thought I’d stick to a relative degree of realism. Quite rare to find someone who is 6.5 and 120 pounds. Only time I ever saw such a thing was in history class… turns out they’d spent a few nights in this camp in a place called Auschwitz.

Last edited:
I really have zero clue at all when it comes to this stuff and don't plan on ever using it but I have often wondered how long can you stay on this kind of stuff?

For example, a young 20 something gets some gear, works out, gets big and ripped but life catches up with him and he stops using, is someone like that just going to shrink back and will they really understand or know what it's like to be dedicated to training hard?

Is it really possible to continue using forever, surely there is a time when you will stop and I'm presuming a huge crash will follow, loss of muscle, strength etc.

Note: I'm not directing this at those who have actually trained to their max before using.

Often the guys who misuse and abuse AAS without having put in much of an effort without the sauce will just crash and burn, returning to their naturally mediocre state when life takes over and they decide to grow the fuck up.

Just like "casual" smokers who are triggered when they have a beer in their hand, it is often difficult for those who have exclusively relied on the AAS shortcut to break the association between training and the use of AAS.

That sounds more like a psychological addiction. Im sure the substance itself isnt addictive, but psychologically, if you try it out for one cycle Im betting you cant resist continually returning. Training normally after that would be far to 'bland'?

That sounds more like a psychological addiction. Im sure the substance itself isnt addictive, but psychologically, if you try it out for one cycle Im betting you cant resist continually returning. Training normally after that would be far to 'bland'?

Yeah I can see that happening to many people.

I can attest to that as it’s the results that become addictive. I started lifting when I was late 16. I started taking powerlifting seriously at 19. Soon after I began to realize…

Weightlifting is like no other sport on the planet. Winning doesn’t mean shit. In order to be top dog you need records. And if you want to become a legend you need world records. Now in order to break a word record you need to achieve a feat that no other human your weight or age class has ever done.

Knowing that, it wasn’t long before I had had need hanging out my ass. By the time I was 23 I had already served a two year ban from the IPF. Needless to say a few months of use my mentality had switched from I need to increase my strength to this is the shit I’m never coming off. I dealt with the acne, the injuries from overtraining because you think your invincible and most of all the mental roller coaster. The thing which really began to fuck me off was having to forgo meet after meet because I couldn’t control my weight. I was either to light or too heavy, due to my own ignorance.

A few years later id come full circle i began to realize it was tool, spent a lot more time researching and began to respect it. But like most shit you gotta touch the stove before you fully learn. Like vonfram88 says, time and life will sort most Muppets out. If I had my time again I'd do it all again and some.

Last edited: