• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CaT_SPeW 2013 Transformation

oooh another torsonator devotee :)

hey, with your kb stuff, you time yourself. have you thought about doing biathlon or long cycle type workouts with the kbs?

nice lifting too, CS :)

yeah i love my torsinator but i havent used it much lately. gonna try and use it a lot more with my kettlebells

im not familiar with those type of workouts. what are they?

yep I found the little torsonator sleeve at my gym last week and got all excited!!
going to insert torsonator into routine again :)

biathlon and long cycle are two of the standard girevoy (KB) sport activities.

there's also pentathlon and strongsport.
I'm currently training for my biathlon ranking (if I have any courage I may compete in April to get ranked but frankly, I suck :p)

It's good fun and a lot harder than it sounds :)

here's the link to get info on each one. pm me if you want more info

Watching Valery Fedorenko and Ivan Denisov is amazing. I watch their vids all the time to improve my form.

Biathlon World Kettlebell

That looks painful lol. I'd like to give those rankings a shot but I dont have multiple kettlebells of the same weight

haha it can be :D

but it's also fun. you don't need to do the two fisted kb stuff. one arm is also valid..that's what I'm starting with (and is the right place to start).
so you do one arm only and do a hand change half way (eg 5 min mark for biathlon).

haha it can be :D

but it's also fun. you don't need to do the two fisted kb stuff. one arm is also valid..that's what I'm starting with (and is the right place to start).
so you do one arm only and do a hand change half way (eg 5 min mark for biathlon).

ok might give it a go next time i do KB's

Bench Press
55kg x 3
65kg x 3
70kg x 3

Incline DB Press
3 x 10 x 12kg

Dips
BW x 10,10

shoulder got a bit clicky doing the incline press then got a bit worse during dips so cut the workout there.

Deadlift
80kg x 3
90kg x 3
100kg x 3

WG Pull Ups
+10kg x 3,2,2,2,2
BW x 5

SLDL
3 x 10 x 70kg

DB Rows
3 x 8 x 22kg

BB Shrugs
100kg x 8,6,4

got some leg pics. both photos flexed.

IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

also thought i might spice this log up with some food pics:

Beatbox Kitchen food truck burgers

IMG_1219.jpg

300g porterhouse w/ rainbow salad

IMG_1225.jpg

Military Press
35kg x 3
40kg x 3
45kg x 3

Torsinator Shoulder Press
3 x 10 x 10kg (left & right)

Plate Raise
2 x 10 x 15kg

Clean & Press
60kg x 1

Legs look like they are comming up nicely and that food looks 10 times better than the bland chicken rice and egg crap im eating

Legs look like they are comming up nicely and that food looks 10 times better than the bland chicken rice and egg crap im eating

thanks. at the moment im not really paying attention to macros other than to get a 100+ grams of protein a day and 2-2200 calories

stats as of yesterday were:

weight: 74.1 (-2.5kg)
waist: 82cm (-4cm)

Brought squat day forward as I'm probably working late the next two nights. I'm tired as well so only did what I had to.

Squats
70kg x 5
80kg x 3
90kg x 1

combined bench and dead day as i didn't train yesterday.

Bench Press
60kg x 5
70kg x 3
75kg x 1

Deadlift
85kg x 5
95kg x 3
105kg x 1

Incline DB Press
3 x 8 x 15kg

SLDL
3 x 10 x 70kg

WG Pull Ups
+10kg x 5,2,2

the +10kg x 5 pull ups is a PR for me

Military Press
35kg x 5
40kg x 3
45kg x 1

Torsinator Shoulder Press
3 x 8 x 12.5kg

Plate Raise
15kg x 10
15kg x 10
15kg x 9

Push Press
50kg x 5
55kg x 3
60kg x 1

Deadlift
75kg x 5
87.5kg x 5
97.5kg x 5

DB Row
3 x 10 x 22kg

WG Pull Ups
+10kg x 3,3,2

BB Shrugs
3 x 8 x 100kg

ive started using a new 5/3/1 calculator which seems to be more accurate but its thrown the order of my exercises out of whack a bit.

oh that's cool. i usually only use it for core stuff where i do the twist thing with it. must play more with the torsonator!

Squats
62.5kg x 5
72.5kg x 5
82.5kg x 5

Front Squat
2 x 10 x 40kg

I've never really done front squats as i always went ATG and would always play havoc with my knees but tonight I had a go in front of a mirror and found that I could do them ok if I went no further than just below parallel. So having never really done them before 2 sets of 10 kicked my arse pretty bad and my quads cramped up like crazy. New goal for the next few weeks is 5x10x40kg front squats and beyond