• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sick of this fucking shit !

Tregs

So i was doing leg press with only 250kg down to 50kg drop set only made it to 100kg when I get this sharp pain in the back of my neck and jaw that was 30 min ago I'm still sitting down at the gym and it hurts like hell . My Partner wants me to go to the hospital but I said I'll wait untill she is finished in the hopes it would just go away but no change yet so fucking pissed off

End rant

So who else seems to get injured all the time at the gym ?

Injuries suck. Between footy, gym and general life I can't remember a time in the last 10 years that I wasn't injured.

Yep I'm pretty much always injured probably lucky to get through a month of training without a week off at least 1 bodypart. Mehhh keeping at it is what seperates the weak willed from the strong, don't let it bum you out.

Yep sucks mate, rest up and smash it when your healed.
I too am itching to go into the garage and lift but am sitting here with a pulled back muscle.

I've got bench only at the nationals in 9 weeks. I'm pretty sure my left pec is the only fully functional muscle left in that movement now.

So i was doing leg press with only 250kg down to 50kg drop set only made it to 100kg when I get this sharp pain in the back of my neck and jaw that was 30 min ago I'm still sitting down at the gym and it hurts like hell . My Partner wants me to go to the hospital but I said I'll wait untill she is finished in the hopes it would just go away but no change yet so fucking pissed off

End rant

Was it really painful? Do you still have a stiff sore neck with limited movement and pain? You may have experienced a neck sprain/rye neck. Can be extremely painful but rest/painkillers/anti-inflams and you should be fine in a day or so.

45 deg full ROM leg press?

If yes, could possibly be a pinched nerve. Because the low back and abs cannot properly support the trunk the lower back can round and tuck under. Doesn't need a whole lot of weight, just a split second in a bad position. A good mate who used to have a lot of trouble with rounding the lower back on a bunch of movements ended up with a herniated disc and pinched nerve L5-S1.

Go to a doctor, this is the sort of thing that pays when you err on the side of caution. I've rehabbed disc problems twice and I don't ever want to again.

45 deg full ROM leg press?

If yes, could possibly be a pinched nerve. Because the low back and abs cannot properly support the trunk the lower back can round and tuck under. Doesn't need a whole lot of weight, just a split second in a bad position. A good mate who used to have a lot of trouble with rounding the lower back on a bunch of movements ended up with a herniated disc and pinched nerve L5-S1.

Go to a doctor, this is the sort of thing that pays when you err on the side of caution. I've rehabbed disc problems twice and I don't ever want to again.

This is spot on. I'd definitely be requesting a Ct scan, even an MRI. Sharp, paralysing pain, especially in the neck or back should not be taken lightly. Sure, it might turn out to not be much, or it could be the start of something much more severe.

Thanks for all the reply's
After about 40 minutes the pain went and now it just feels tight around my neck so i think i just strained my neck maybe i was pushing my head back into the pad to hard ?
i chose not to go to the doc's just yet so im home with ice and pain killers. if its no better by tomorrow ill go to the doc's (not a place i like to go to lol )

Was going through this shit (injuries) all last year.

Have learned and training smarter now. I don't push the limits, and don't over do it any more. Seems to be working so far. Sometimes feel like a wimp, but in the end my gains are better as I don't get injured, and my lifts are still half decent.

And best of all the workouts are better.

After about 40 minutes the pain went and now it just feels tight around my neck so i think i just strained my neck maybe i was pushing my head back into the pad to hard ?
i chose not to go to the doc's just yet so im home with ice and pain killers. if its no better by tomorrow ill go to the doc's (not a place i like to go to lol )

Yeah don't stress it's not likely to be anything serious. I wouldn't be rushing to waste money on a MRI.

good to hear.

I pulled a muscle in the back of my head once, freaked me the fk out.

hope all is good

Have learned and training smarter now. I don't push the limits, and don't over do it any more. Seems to be working so far. Sometimes feel like a wimp, but in the end my gains are better as I don't get injured, and my lifts are still half decent.

The trick is how do you know the limits or when you are about to over do it at the time.

I really struggle to think of any injury I've done that even now with hindsight how I would of done it any different at the time.

Last edited:
Was it really painful? Do you still have a stiff sore neck with limited movement and pain? You may have experienced a neck sprain/rye neck. Can be extremely painful but rest/painkillers/anti-inflams and you should be fine in a day or so.

Yeah could be this , I got rye neck once , woke up in the morning turned my head to look at phone and boom ! Fucking painful , couldn't turn my head hardly at all .. few days rest got over it .

thanks big mick i do train smart as last year i was always in the wars not i rarely push my limits i was 150kg lighter than my max for 10 reps thats why im pissed off i like to think i train smarter and safer . i always push good form with my training partners .
well come to think of it i did smash 2 mirrors the other day so im due for a lot of bad luck haha:confused:

The trick is how do you know the limits or when you are about to over do it at the time.

I really struggle to think of any injury I've done that even now with hindsight how I would of done it any different at the time.

I agree with you on this you can''t push yourself to your limits without going over them occasionally. Plus you injure yourself when you least expect it. I lost count of how many times I've hurt myself loading plates or warming up at 50%.

End rant

I've done that coz I'm a fork lift driver it took me about week till it recoverd I turned my head to sharply back wards when I was I reverse it was a cold nite..a few times that nite before it happened little movements gave me a weird pain before the main incident. Warm up with neck rotations and put a heat pack on it. Keep stretching it dont let it rest and sleep flat on your back.

Probably werent breathing properly, causing a buildup of presure similar to the valsalva maneuver. Gives an intense headache, sharo neck pain.

Basically why i dont even bother with the leg press anymore.