• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sick of this fucking shit !

I agree with you on this you can''t push yourself to your limits without going over them occasionally. Plus you injure yourself when you least expect it. I lost count of how many times I've hurt myself loading plates or warming up at 50%.

Exactly. A lot of injuries happen just doing standard stuff that you do everyday.

Did a training session yesterday and when I went to sleep lying on my back hurt
Today I wake up and my coccyx is swole as fuck and laying on the bench hurt lol
Worst thing is I'm 8 days out from competition. I'm confident that I'll be good for the competition but it's just a stress I didn't need lol

I had the same thing happen to me Tregs but when squatting. Real sharp pain in at the base of the skull and neck but it was due to breakdown of form during a heavy (for me) squat which went a bit good morningish.

It was sore for a couple of weeks, doing anything from dips to bench would set it off again but not as severe but enough to make me stop the workout of find something that didn't aggravate it.

Hope it doesn't last that long for you.

Go the neurofen works well for me too.

Probably werent breathing properly, causing a buildup of presure similar to the valsalva maneuver. Gives an intense headache, sharo neck pain.

Basically why i dont even bother with the leg press anymore.

Done this one a fair bit by not training smart in the past.

E.g. on a program where I "must" do more pull-ups than I did the last time = straining, bad breathing = instant sharp headache, dizzyness, feel like pulled something in the neck.

Tregs, hope it's only a minor blip. You'll know if it's really fucked when you wake up in the morning and it's really stiff. Been there. No fun.

I fucked my neck and couldnt turn my head without pain for about 2 weeks. Made blind spot checking while changing lanes in the car fun.

How did I do it? Chin ups..... Doesn't make sense. Needless to say I always warm up now really really well....

Thanks for all the reply's guys im feeling good today just a little stiff so happy. Im having a rest day today and ill hit it nice and easy tomorrow i might even throw in some neck exercise's as well .

I stretch my neck regularly, it helps a ton, I stuffed it at work years ago and it has never been the same. I have put it out a few times, especially after chinning, OH press and once while squatting.

I just got my training back on track with my lower back/hip, and today I've definitely done something to my hip with the squats!! Again! I need to keep this mobility shit up and stop trying to increase my already piss weak squat till its sorted!!

My bench will be overtaking it and my deadlift soon!!

I just got my training back on track with my lower back/hip, and today I've definitely done something to my hip with the squats!! Again! I need to keep this mobility shit up and stop trying to increase my already piss weak squat till its sorted!!

My bench will be overtaking it and my deadlift soon!!

I hope you get that hip sorted mate. i cut back on my squats because of my knee and focused more on leg presses but after this i might go back to squats

Yeah thanks mate! I may need a trip to the osteo or physio or something g to see if there is anything underlying...? I have had issues with hips since birth but think this issue, is a result of years of skateboarding abuse that's fucked my mobility!

I always work on it but never keep it up once I get good again :(