• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

one on THE best videos I have seen in ages

bradsky

do I even lift?
Kai explains things well, really wanna go train chest right now

[YOUTUBE]cgKVMIBKhHg[/YOUTUBE]

His videos are usually a good watch.

How come he benches with a bent wrist?

Last edited:
Great video !! Did you notice Kai's wrist position? He has it cocked back or am I imagining the extent of how far he has it cocked back? I was always taught to keep them inline with my elbows intresting form.

Great video !! Did you notice Kai's wrist position? He has it cocked back or am I imagining the extent of how far he has it cocked back? I was always taught to keep them inline with my elbows intresting form.

I think if you are using weight that is that light (60kg for kai) or whatever, your not going to injure yourself. it would be like me benching 30kg or something...

I think if you are using weight that is that light (60kg for kai) or whatever, your not going to injure yourself. it would be like me benching 30kg or something...

I'd be pretty carefull at any weight doing that. Why not just try thumbless? I feel chest more if I'm not squeezing the heck out of the bar

This is a great video. It also pushes the point that form is so much more important for people worried about aesthetics rather than just lifting big.

I agree, but still think there is some worth for powerlifters, or other athletes, for doing lighter weeks or sessions with greater emphasis on working muscle rather than lifting just the weight.

However, will say that some of Greene's points are not backed up on other tapes where he spots people for mostly forced reps on a weight too heavy.

But i was still amazing to see Greene doing high bar squats on 185kg so effortless after pre-exhausting muscles.

I agree, but still think there is some worth for powerlifters, or other athletes, for doing lighter weeks or sessions with greater emphasis on working muscle rather than lifting just the weight.

However, will say that some of Greene's points are not backed up on other tapes where he spots people for mostly forced reps on a weight too heavy.

But i was still amazing to see Greene doing high bar squats on 185kg so effortless after pre-exhausting muscles.

I believe that there is a need for balance. Obviously lifting big is important. But most of the guys who did this in the early days were juiced up to the max. This obviously allowed them to lift more then others.

As a person who has no interest in drugs I want to ensure I get the best I can get from lifting naturally. That involves a very clean diet while counting calories. Having enough rest time. And lifting in the most efficient way.

From what I have seen. The best results from lifting have come from slowly increasing weight and making sure my technique is as perfect as possible. Cardio certainly helps reduce fat and keeps me healthy.

I find a lot of people on this site tend to write off many good ideas because the person isn't lifting heavy enough. Taking the muscle to the point of exhaustion and giving it enough time to recover is the most important thing if trying to build muscle.

I agree. You can get big or strong training using moderate weights.

I have seen many an athlete or bodybuilder do so.

I always tend to ignore people who are obviously on PEDs when it comes to training advice - or take what they say with a heavy grain of salt. I just feel I can never be sure that what they prescribe will work for the non PED taking enthusiast.

I get this attitude from reading a fair bit of Stuart McRobert's stuff. I would like to see a thread on what you should ignore when it comes to training advice given by the genetic elite or the drug takers. Not to take away from someone like KG's accomplishments but I'm just not sure his recommendations are good for me....

I believe that there is a need for balance. Obviously lifting big is important. But most of the guys who did this in the early days were juiced up to the max. This obviously allowed them to lift more then others.

As a person who has no interest in drugs I want to ensure I get the best I can get from lifting naturally. That involves a very clean diet while counting calories. Having enough rest time. And lifting in the most efficient way.

From what I have seen. The best results from lifting have come from slowly increasing weight and making sure my technique is as perfect as possible. Cardio certainly helps reduce fat and keeps me healthy.

I find a lot of people on this site tend to write off many good ideas because the person isn't lifting heavy enough. Taking the muscle to the point of exhaustion and giving it enough time to recover is the most important thing if trying to build muscle.

All u said is pretty much true except cardio u don't need it! But that's a personal choice lolll I just hate cardio I rather eat less the run on the rat wheel

All u said is pretty much true except cardio u don't need it! But that's a personal choice lolll I just hate cardio I rather eat less the run on the rat wheel

Cardio is easier then hunger pains IMO. Being a natural endomorph it is hard to cut without cardio.