• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Upper/ lower compound and semi iso days routine

McFLy

super m0derator
Okay so I'm buying into this full body stuff u guys been preaching well some of it any way! Here is a routine I configured and thought it well help less with burn out and not add to much slabs of muscle or overly bulk myself. I'm 5'6 and a half I bulk way to easy

First day is gunna be a compound upper next day will be a compound lower

2 days rest then semi isolate upper next day semi iso lower

At this point it's gunna be trial and error so here is what I ha e collaborated and will let u know how this goes in terms of gains and recovery in the hypotrophy department all will be 5x5

Day 1 upper compound

Incline bench
Weighted dips
Bent over row
Pull ups
Military press
Close grip dumbell press
Shrugs
Bicep curl straight barbell

Day 2
Squats
Old school barbell hacks (aka reverse deadlifts) these I feel in quads
Single leg ,leg press
Stiff leg dead lifts
Good mornings
Standing calfs

Rest
Rest

Upper session 2 semi iso (ill throw more isolation movements in as less compounds)
Incline flys
Flat bench
Seated row
Chest supported row
Side lateral raises
Preacher curls
Hammer curls
Tricep push down
Decline tricep extension

Session 2 semi iso legs
Lunges
Extensions
Hamstring curls
High rep deadlifts in the 15 rep range
Seated calfs

I've set this so it cris crosses iso for compound on bodyparts
So one session compliments what the other lacked eg incline press one session and incline flys the next ect..

Any critiques are welcome. But this I feel is more of a bodybuilding upper/lower split inspired by u guys and lyle. I've set it on a theory of no more than 2 exercises per parts.