• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting workshop- Melbourne

Spritcha

I'm running a powerlifting workshop in Melb.
It will be similar format to those that I am running in Sydney, Brissy and Gold Coast.

When?
Feb 24th- Sunday. 9am-12 & 1 till 4pm.
Where?
MTS gym, Dandenong (corner of Station St and Cheltenham Rd)
What will be covered? I'm open to suggestions from those that book in- but the basic format will be:
Approaches and methods, programming and getting stronger
Understanding the movements and technique workshop- squat, bench press, deadlift
Accessories, supplementary movements and weakness analysis
If there is interest I can also cover equipment (shirts, suits, wraps etc).

Its limited to 20 people and will involve 'hands on' coaching.
It also includes follow-ups and on-going advice.

Who? Anyone interested in learning more about powerlifting and the powerlifts.
Its first in, first served.

Cost? $90 for all event (including lunch)

Who is running this?
Me with the assistance of Dan Portelli.
Who am I?
I have been weight training since 1987. I started under the guidance of Joe Fau, pro-wrestler, pro-boxer and then Oceania powerlifting champion. He also coached, at the same time, Derek Pomana- 3 time world open IPF champ. I did not compete until 2004. Since then I have over 30 competitions to my name, including PA equipped national champ 205,2006, 2007, 2010, 2011; PA raw national champ 2012; Oceania BP champ 2006 and 2010; Commonwealth PL champ 2007; World bench- 6th place; World Raw Champs 3rd place- best lifters PA equipped nationals 2010 and 2011; best lifter PA raw nationals 2012; best lifter Oceania bench 2010; best lifter Oceania raw PL 2012. Over the years I have learnt a lot about powerlifting. I'm good friends with many of the great minds and I have a lot to share.
Best lifts-
singleply squat 375, bench 300, deadlift 305
raw (no wraps) squat 330, bench 220, deadlift 317.5

email: stephenjpritchard@gmail.com for bank details. Spot reserved once you have paid.

Last edited:
This will take things from the absolute basics and onwards. So its suitable for any level.

At this stage there are no plans for Adelaide.
The workshops are Sydney, Brissy, Gold Coast and Melb.
I believe all spots sold out in Sydney, Brisbane and Gold Coast- so Melb is it. Spots are already going.

maybe later on. I will be doing some through iron edge- but probably mini workshops focusing on one thing.

hey mate, if any spots left im keen, cant pm as havent posted enough what info do you need?

Over half of the spots are gone (booked and paid). If you are keen you should act fast.
hey mate tried pm you, and i've have paid for workshop trying to confirm spot.. over a week ago? just want to know if spot is there or not mate. thanks.

hey mate tried pm you, and i've have paid for workshop trying to confirm spot.. over a week ago? just want to know if spot is there or not mate. thanks.

Hi mate- yeah your spot is reserved.
Sorry didn't seem to get the PM- was it sent from this forum?
Anyway- you are definitely all good for the workshop.
Let me know if you need any details.

15 spots gone, 2 on hold, so 3 spots left. Should be a great day.

Hi mate- yeah your spot is reserved.
Sorry didn't seem to get the PM- was it sent from this forum?
Anyway- you are definitely all good for the workshop.
Let me know if you need any details.

15 spots gone, 2 on hold, so 3 spots left. Should be a great day.

No dramas mate, yea sent from this forum was just confiriming.
Cheers.