• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Powerlifting workshop- Melbourne

Well that went quick lol.

Last time I went to a seminar I took my laptop and got a bunch of great ebooks/vids. So I'm doing the same this Sunday. If anybody want's to bring a hard drive and get 40+GB worth of stuff related to strength/powerlifting etc they can.

Portelli is organising a BBQ. There will be lamb, sausages and salads etc.
As far as what you should bring- just wear comfortable clothes- you could bringa pen and paper, but I can email notes to everyone so no need really.

Portelli is organising a BBQ. There will be lamb, sausages and salads etc.
As far as what you should bring- just wear comfortable clothes- you could bringa pen and paper, but I can email notes to everyone so no need really.

Thanks Stephen,

I'll be bringing my wraps/squat suit/bench shirt as well if we get any spare time to go through the use of them.

yeah great. Bring the footwear you lift in as well. There won't be heavy lifting, but some technique and drill work, so it makes sense to use the appropriate footwear.

Lamb was awesome. The Pelican definitely knows how to do a good BBQ.

I've been wrapped a few times before. Before the most savage wrap i've had was from Dave Jame but Steve definitely does a more savage wrap.

The seminar was fantastic; Stephen is a very engaging presenter.

The seminar had a great range of people - world champions, cross fitters, and total newbs. I think we all got a lot out of it.

Thanks to Daniel "Pelican" Portelli for being such a gracious host... the lamb was delicious ( I thinkMrs Pelican needs a mention too):)

The Bris one was good too (no surprise).

I'm reading the RTS manual at the moment, it's very good.

The seminar definitely helped me think about training beyond 'I might try that mystic Russian program to get magic gains' - it explained things.

The Bris one was good too (no surprise).

I'm reading the RTS manual at the moment, it's very good.

The seminar definitely helped me think about training beyond 'I might try that mystic Russian program to get magic gains' - it explained things.

Yep, good seminar, i got at least a couple useful pointers on each lift and slightly changed my thinking on how to improve my form on this (Aside from working on my much needed mobility), a better understanding of how to train to actually get somewhere and i'm sure more to sit in the back of my head until i need it.

Edit : And the lamb was great too!

The seminar was fantastic; Stephen is a very engaging presenter.

The seminar had a great range of people - world champions, cross fitters, and total newbs. I think we all got a lot out of it.

Thanks to Daniel "Pelican" Portelli for being such a gracious host... the lamb was delicious ( I thinkMrs Pelican needs a mention too):)

Um.....why are you in Melbourne :eek:
;) x