• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Decent and up to date BB/training information

I think he might have felt the burn doing this. I'm pretty sure that if I were to try and do the same session, I'd just be using my hands without any weight in them by about halfway through.

love the intensity of his stuff

I clicked on a few of them. Most of them seem to hit the body at 1x frequency for the week, research is very clear in demonstrating that the optimal training frequency for a natural bodybuilder is 2-3 times a week as muscle protein synthesis stays elevated for only about 36 hours after you train a muscle. So if you are hitting a muscle group only 1 times a week, it's only growing 2-3 days.
here is a good article:
Training Frequency for Mass Gains | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Workout frequency largely depends on intensity

well, yes, it does. I'm a fan of lyles and ice cream fitness routines. all though for lyles i add a bit more volume. with the full body i would advocate to beginners. the upper/lower leaves a bit more room for specialization.

but if you train your whole body every session, how are you going to push every single muscle beyond it's limit,

2 muscle groups per workout is my happy medium. try and hit each muscle group 3 x a fortnight.

Workout frequency largely depends on intensity

Perhaps this is why Fadi advocates 1 rep less than failure because if you destroy your muscles each session, you can't hit them as frequently. If it wasn't Fadi then it was either in the book 'Bigger Beyond Belief' or one of Lyle MacDonald's blogs (maybe even the generic bulking routine faq PDF).

On that note, search through threads where Fadi has contributed as I recall some ones about training more for aesthetics.

but if you train your whole body every session, how are you going to push every single muscle beyond it's limit,

2 muscle groups per workout is my happy medium. try and hit each muscle group 3 x a fortnight.

even with upper/lower you are hitting more than 2 muscle groups..
you do not need to 'push to the limit', as long as you are progressively overloading the muscle, and being consistent, that is the main goal.

i really like the FB routine as well, both routines are heavily recommended on the decent scientific minded bodybuilding communities

even with upper/lower you are hitting more than 2 muscle groups..
you do not need to 'push to the limit', as long as you are progressively overloading the muscle, and being consistent, that is the main goal.

i really like the FB routine as well, both routines are heavily recommended on the decent scientific minded bodybuilding communities

My mental goal is to destroy my muscle as hard as possible and throw the rest out the window, when I think I have given it enough punishment, I usually do 5 or so more sets.

Sometimes I will decide how many reps I want to do mid set otherwise just bash out as many as I can.

There's no way I could train my whole upper body in 1 session and be satisfied when I leave,

Would love to be able to train every muscle group every 3 days, but not at the expense of intensity...

My mental goal is to destroy my muscle as hard as possible and throw the rest out the window, when I think I have given it enough punishment, I usually do 5 or so more sets.

Sometimes I will decide how many reps I want to do mid set otherwise just bash out as many as I can.

There's no way I could train my whole upper body in 1 session and be satisfied when I leave,

Would love to be able to train every muscle group every 3 days, but not at the expense of intensity...

I wouldn't say this is the most optimal way. But the most important thing, is finding something you enjoy, and doing it long enough to see results. if people enjoy training blasting their muscle one time a week, that is fine. You will still see results regardless. You just have to enjoy what you're doing.

I wouldn't say this is the most optimal way. But the most important thing, is finding something you enjoy, and doing it long enough to see results. if people enjoy training blasting their muscle one time a week, that is fine. You will still see results regardless. You just have to enjoy what you're doing.

Well, you got results training a split, everyone justifies things in their head differently.

As I said, I would love to hit every body part every 3 days,

when I was running DOggcrapp, it was a 2 day split, and I loved it, and i got heaps stronger in all the lifts.

Might switch back to that some time in the future.

But yeah, whatever floats your boat.

I clicked on a few of them. Most of them seem to hit the body at 1x frequency for the week, research is very clear in demonstrating that the optimal training frequency for a natural bodybuilder is 2-3 times a week as muscle protein synthesis stays elevated for only about 36 hours after you train a muscle. So if you are hitting a muscle group only 1 times a week, it's only growing 2-3 days.
here is a good article:
Training Frequency for Mass Gains | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

My personal experience does not correlate with the science here. When I train often I get hurt. There may just be more to progress than protein synthesis.

If it works for you, do it, if it doesn't then don't sweat it and do something else.

what? lol

Damn typo what I meant was u grow outside the gym over training will set u back if u smash say your back In a massive session high volume I won't need that double session p\w or triple. giving u that extra few days to recover, alot of these upper/ lower splits in theory seem fine but I wouldn't be training with soreness or DOMS the same part. I have two main negatives for me on upper lower 1 is not hitting the part from all angles and really stimulating it and also isolating it and no isolation movements and 2 is recovery and frequency of that same body part. Do it once and do it properly hit from all angles smash the fucker and sit back and enjoy the pain until Next time. That's my 2 cents its prob good for a bulk but I would going two days between training days.

Damn typo what I meant was u grow outside the gym over training will set u back if u smash say your back In a massive session high volume I won't need that double session p\w or triple. giving u that extra few days to recover, alot of these upper/ lower splits in theory seem fine but I wouldn't be training with soreness or DOMS the same part. I have two main negatives for me on upper lower 1 is not hitting the part from all angles and really stimulating it and also isolating it and no isolation movements and 2 is recovery and frequency of that same body part. Do it once and do it properly hit from all angles smash the fucker and sit back and enjoy the pain until Next time. That's my 2 cents its prob good for a bulk but I would going two days between training days.

I'm sorry, but that post was ridiculous lol

Go ahead and read around on the sites I posted. You will learn something.