• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

PA Level 1 Coaching Course + Workshop

Danimal

PTC Perth
We are hosting this course and workshop at PTC Perth on the 13th and 14th of April.

Anyone interested let me know. Cost is $544.50.

The gym will be closed on Saturday the 13th April.

Is this worthwhile for the average lifter that wants to learn to coach themselves? Or strength coaches that actually coach people?

If you are serious about your training it is worthwhile yes. It covers programming etc.. so the average lifter with no access to a coach will find it useful.

Educate yourself.

One of my lifters did it and was told he had to join PA to get the accreditation.

Is this still the case?

Any chance of a syllabus so i can see the topics and if its worhwhile?
I know youll obviously say it is

They havent given me anything so I cant tell you. Im hosting this for PA, not running it.

To answer the questions on accreditaiton to get the NCAS you need to be a PA coach - you have to me a member of the national governing body.

If you cant do that you are still "PA Level 1 PL Coach" and you get 14 CEC points.

Dan,

Accreditation requires:
attend 2 day course
Pass exam at end of course
30 hours practical coaching at end of course ( basically show you are training people )
create a sample written program
be a registered member of PA ( for insurance and anti doping )

If you're not a member of PA you can complete the course and get the 14 CEC points,
but won't be officially accredited.

Dan,

Accreditation requires:
attend 2 day course
Pass exam at end of course
30 hours practical coaching at end of course ( basically show you are training people )
create a sample written program
be a registered member of PA ( for insurance and anti doping )

If you're not a member of PA you can complete the course and get the 14 CEC points,
but won't be officially accredited.

Yep sounds right.

^^^that^^^
So you do have to be a member for full accreditation.
I just got the 14 Cec's. Minh said I passed :)

Still a valuable course. I recommend it :)

^^^that^^^
So you do have to be a member for full accreditation.
I just got the 14 Cec's. Minh said I passed :)

Still a valuable course. I recommend it :)

I dont really care about CECs...

You can still say you have the PA Level 1 Cert.... just not NCAS.

Yes agree Dan
I've never done a course in my life. Good to have something with my name on it!

Any chance of a syllabus so i can see the topics and if its worhwhile?
I know youll obviously say it is
If it's the same as when I did it a hundred years ago (I did the weekend course, but not the 30 hours and still haven't signed up to PA even though I'll be competing with them in April; got my 14 CEC's which are irrelephant to you since you're not a PT), then the units are:

1. The National Coaching Accrediation Scheme
2. Roles & Responsibilities of the Coach
3. Physical Conditioning of Athletes
4. Skill Learning & Psychological Conditioning
5. Technique of the Squat
6. Technique of the Bench Press
7. Technique of the Deadlift
8. Conditioning Exercises for Powerlifting
9. Organising a Powerlifting Training Program
10. Powerlifiting Competition Skills
11. Anti-Doping Programmes in Powerlifiting

I did the course in brisbane last year, was told I has do join PA to pass, didnt join PA and the certificate came in mail, I did it for the CEC points, its an okay course i guess, ill leave it at that