• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Vic: I want to compete this year, need advice.

there is a comp Feb 17th- hang with it- check out the comp- qualify for raw nationals (which is in Melb) and then check that out.
Raw nationals will be amazing.
What to expect from raw nats?
Over 100 lifters battling out for national titles. The Pacific invitational event, which runs as the final session, will include US lifters Randall Harris (who has done 950kg raw- squat 345, bench 235, deadlift 370), Priscilla Ribic (IPF hall of famer and holder of multilpe world records) and pacific and New Zealand lifters- Oliva Kirisome (Samoan giant), Danny Nemani (commonwealth games weightlifter), Sonia Manaena (world record deadlifter and world champ) alongside Australia's best.

That sounds awesome. I'm guessing to qualify it's all 3 lifts? Would be cool to even just spectate.

bench only as well

So once you compete in a GPC event you have to be chosen or does that automatically qualify you? Sorry for the bulk questions, have never had anything to do with competition yet and am looking to step into my first one this year.

So once you compete in a GPC event you have to be chosen or does that automatically qualify you? Sorry for the bulk questions, have never had anything to do with competition yet and am looking to step into my first one this year.

Melbourne Uni is PA.

Would probably be easiest for me to attend some comps in Brisbane/Sunny Coast. Also i'll be in Brisbane mid Feb and would like to do a session at the PTC gym there. Would GPC be a good start to join? Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Yeah been looking at PA, made a few friends in that fed.

Doubt I'll compete again.

Last edited:
there are friends everywhere, but especially welcome new lifters.
I have noticed a change over the last few years- we have developed a real sense of community, which is strengthened when we get a chance to stand side by side in Oz colors.
PA lifters can now aim to lift at oceanias, commonwealths, raw or equipped worlds, as well as field teams at the Arnold Classic.
We are building great links with international lifters and its paying off with the likes of Priscilla Ribic, Brad Gillingham etc coming over to lift in our comps.
Anyway- thats probably enough of my soap box. LOL

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]
I competed in my first comp at PTC Frankston last year. Its run by Markos, who is President or Pro Raw Powerlifting. He runs novice comps all the time, next one I think is January 20th, then another in february I believe. A lot of guys on this forum lift in PTC gyms so they would be a good start.
Yes the next novice comp is on sunday lifting starts at 12.