• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Adjustable Dumbbells

You really can't go past the ironmasters in my opinion. Unless you have to budget and space for individual dumbells
As solid as I need, quick to change, easy to caclulate how much you have/need on.
The only cons for me are that some people might care that they are measured in pounds not kilos, but that's not a big deal to me.

Hi!

Which ones did you end up going for in the end?

I'm looking for some myself. Used to have the Bowflex in the UK before I left and thought they were great. Can't seem to find them over here and the ones on eBay after doing a bit of research do look a bit shoddy!

Did anyone find anywhere to get Bowflex legit?

Cheers,

Lex
Bought the powerblock U90s about a $1023.00 delivered to the Coffs Harbour area from the Tarrin Point Sydney shop.
Work well , quick to change the weights , feel sturdy and are compact .. Would recommend the stand if you don't have an alternative type stand as they need to be on a flat surface to reinsert the pins correctly, if the plates aren't lined up properly from an uneven surface the insertion goes to shit and things jam .. Other than that there friggin great .. And when I think about it if these things hold up I don't see any reason to have a shit load of bells lying around the place once I eventually get settled back home , will just use these ..
Cheers Fred

how long are you on the road for at any time?
Surely theres alternatives to lugging them around?
Tried the deck of cards?
I go out for a month or longer sometimes , spent 5 months straight out last year .. The thing is there are a lot more gyms in the smaller towns now then there were 20 years ago so it makes it a lot easier , just some situations you might get stuck in an area with nothing and it's good to have a bit of weight around to play with .. Not that my job isn't a workout in itself most days lifting steel , climbing towers , climbing winch lines up to height and blocks , can be a fair slog in itself ..
Had a look at your deck of cards the other day in your recovery thread looks good will have to have a closer look and get my head around it a little better..
At the moment i'm lying on my back in hospital from all the lifting at work shit . Have a nerve jammed between my L3 L4 vertebra's which rendered me useless last week couldn't walk . So now i'm going to be in recovery mode like yourself for a while .. Had a deadener shot put into the nerve last Friday . Have my first walk tomorrow with the physios after a week lying in bed , not happy hanging to get some blood into my muscles , going to hit the physios up for some resistant bands ..
Anyway alls good ,will come back with a fresh approach to training and obviously some work around strategies of the affected area ..
Cheers Fred