• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

International chest day?

Was gonna bench today, but no shit everything is taken.

Amen! That's my point that why I bench saterday morning or Sunday . I swear to u I been gyms and done 5 day splits and seen the same dudes bench every time I'm there but Mondays are the worse! Better to go back Monday and chest Tuesday go the opposite way the general population flows

If running a split routine at a gym the best thing would be to do legs on Monday. Very rarely anyone else is. Chest would be best on Friday when nobody else shows up. But if you want to ensure you don't kill your tris by doing chest, shoulders arms 2 or more days in a row I would try this.

Monday Shoulders (mostly use free weights so should have enough available even on the busy days)

Tuesday Legs (still a lot of people show up bt nobody trains legs at commercial gyms should have free range of the Squat cage)

Wednesday Arms (same reason as shoulders)

Thursday Back (everyone is shopping so should be room for deadlifts and bent rows)

Friday Chest (nobody shows up so all the benches are free)

:p:p:p

If running a split routine at a gym the best thing would be to do legs on Monday. Very rarely anyone else is. Chest would be best on Friday when nobody else shows up. But if you want to ensure you don't kill your tris by doing chest, shoulders arms 2 or more days in a row I would try this.

Monday Shoulders (mostly use free weights so should have enough available even on the busy days)

Tuesday Legs (still a lot of people show up bt nobody trains legs at commercial gyms should have free range of the Squat cage)

Wednesday Arms (same reason as shoulders)

Thursday Back (everyone is shopping so should be room for deadlifts and bent rows)

Friday Chest (nobody shows up so all the benches are free)

:p:p:p

I'd swap chest (Friday) with back (Thursday) get that extra days rest seeing that u hitting shoulders again Monday :) I been hitting shoulders once with arms day just isolation stuff like laterals ect and then heavy compounds on chest day!

I just ended up doing ohp and flies when a bench was available. Didn't get to use bench press though but eh, not the end of the world. I just do a upper lower split with rest day in between and sometimes I'm unlucky upper day lands on Monday. Plus with the amount of ppl there the b.o was of the charts.

I just ended up doing ohp and flies when a bench was available. Didn't get to use bench press though but eh, not the end of the world. I just do a upper lower split with rest day in between and sometimes I'm unlucky upper day lands on Monday. Plus with the amount of ppl there the b.o was of the charts.

Resoloutioners have bad gym adequacy..fk Mondays!!! Train in the a.m like 5 or 6 ish its thd best!! I feel flys gives me better pump in chest than bench I always pre exhaust if with flys and dips

your just not gonna hit your muscle hard enoug considering your going to use the same muscle again in a couple days time...focus on each muscle group seperatly allows for your isolation, more intensity more stimulas on the fast twitch fibres for over compensation in order to grow...
you see ronnie coleman train shoulders chest and back in the one day? dont think so
It's funny everyone always compares what pros were doing at a pro level, you should be looking at what he did as a beginner. Here is a quote from Ronnie Coleman "At the age of 12 I started working out and joined the powerlifting team" So he had a foundation of strength before he started bodybuilding. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9SwZ9bczyo[/ame]

I actually do the chest thing (well, bench press) on Mondays, yeah. Except if my schedule is thrown out, in which case, probably Tuesday.

Then again, I'll be doing some kind of bench press every session (three times a week) for the foreseeable future - it's my new awesome plan of attack. Chest every day, fellow Brosephs! :p

Give me an example mate of this routine ? I'm interested is for size or strengh ect?

1. Derek Charleboi's 12 week bulking trainer

Bodybuilding.com - 12-Week Daily Bulking Trainer Main Page. (this is what I'm doing)

2. Lyle MacDonald's Generic Bulking Routine

As presented directly on the forums.

Mon: Lower
Squat: 3-4X6-8/3′ (3-4 sets of 6-8 with a 3′ rest)
SLDL or leg curl: 3-4X6-8/3′ Leg press: 2-3X10-12/2′
Another leg curl: 2-3X10-12/2′
Calf raise: 3-4X6-8/3′
Seated calf: 2-3X10-12/2′

Tue: Upper
Flat bench: 3-4X6-8/3′
Row: 3-4X6-8/3′
Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12/2′
Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12/2′
Triceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5′
Biceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5′

Rinse and repeat thurs and Fri.. you can out incline/pulldown first on Thursday and make Friday a more deadlift/lunge based session.