• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

International chest day?

i train a 3 day split (push, pull, legs) training 4 to 5 days a week so i do whatever comes next today will be legs

I'm mildly ashamed to admit that my current program is bench-oriented on Mondays. I'm used to doing full-body training, but I'm now on what's more-or-less an upper/lower split.

Monday is bench press + assistance. Wednesday is deadlift, light squat + assistance. Friday is light bench + assistance. Saturday is squat, light deadlift + assistance.
i dont see any value in doing upper n lower splits if your trying to get big.. stength and endurance maybe but not for maximum hypertrophy
Care to elaborate?

your just not gonna hit your muscle hard enoug considering your going to use the same muscle again in a couple days time...focus on each muscle group seperatly allows for your isolation, more intensity more stimulas on the fast twitch fibres for over compensation in order to grow...
you see ronnie coleman train shoulders chest and back in the one day? dont think so

your just not gonna hit your muscle hard enoug considering your going to use the same muscle again in a couple days time...focus on each muscle group seperatly allows for your isolation, more intensity more stimulas on the fast twitch fibres for over compensation in order to grow...
you see ronnie coleman train shoulders chest and back in the one day? dont think so

Yeah... That's all bullshit mate.

so your saying a upper lower split is better than a 5 day split when it comes to hypertrophy?

For some yes, especially beginner intermediates. But I would also go as far to say that, unless you're at an advanced level as a bb'er, upper/lower or push/pull splits are no worse than a split. I've personally trained back and chest together for years and I'm not small by any means.

Well i guess you can say doing them both would probably benifit the athlete the most. I suppose after some time to give your body such a dramatic change should stimulate more growth.

I stand to be corrected.

For some yes, especially beginner intermediates. But I would also go as far to say that, unless you're at an advanced level as a bb'er, upper/lower or push/pull splits are no worse than a split. I've personally trained back and chest together for years and I'm not small by any means.

I normally myself train and back n chest together at low volume low intensity then hit it again 4 days later..but when I'm burnt out from that every 6-7 weeks I back off to chest and back on there own days to relieve nervous e system tension and fatigue. I find it works great one day back width and next session back thickness same as chest inner work and outer next session paired up over 6 weeks really stimulates growth. Personally if I had the energy I'd do that all year round but my joints need a break at times. Traditional bb splits are great as well I prefer them when de loading as I mentioned above. Both have there purposes but you could possibly not judge them in terms of hypo trophy

Mon - Back
Tues - Chest
Wed - Tabata and Abs
Thurs - Legs
Fri - Shoulders
Sat - Tabata and Abs

Knowing that I'll be training the same muscles/bodypart/lifts again in a few days has never stopped me from training hard in the now.

I believe that anyone wanting to build more muscle could learn a thing or two from the pros, but, funnily enough, the majority of people in the majority of gyms who follow muscle-group splits because the pros do it make very little progress. A lot of speculations can be given for why this is so. Maybe it's because their technique isn't fitting. Maybe it's because their intensity isn't there. Maybe it's because they aren't eating enough. Maybe it's because they aren't on the same "supplements" as the pros. Maybe it's because they keep changing their programs. Maybe it's because after 2 days their muscles are recovered, but instead of training them again they'll wait another 5 days. Whatever the case may be, people who aren't at high levels of musculature have a tendancy not to develop it through 5-day splits. This may be because their programs aren't appropriate for someone at their level, it may be because they suck at the execution of those programs, or it may be an unrelated issue.

Regardless, I'm of the impression that if you want to get as big as possible, you should be giving your muscles the stimulus to grow as often as you productively can. Rank novices have the capacity to grow just by looking at a barbell and thinking about milk. Advanced lifters generally need a greater stimulus to promote new growth. The greater the stimulus required, the more time is likely to be spent building up that stimulus, and the more time it will likely take to recover from that stimulus. So a beginner can usually do well on a full-body program with decent nutrition, just doing a couple sets of each muscle group per session, while a pro probably needs the full hour on each muscle group to make the desired results happen.

I normally myself train and back n chest together at low volume low intensity then hit it again 4 days later..but when I'm burnt out from that every 6-7 weeks I back off to chest and back on there own days to relieve nervous e system tension and fatigue. I find it works great one day back width and next session back thickness same as chest inner work and outer next session paired up over 6 weeks really stimulates growth. Personally if I had the energy I'd do that all year round but my joints need a break at times. Traditional bb splits are great as well I prefer them when de loading as I mentioned above. Both have there purposes but you could possibly not judge them in terms of hypo trophy

Inner and outer chest days? What?

Over Head Press. Similar / same as military press depending how you do it.

.....can you imagine. .25kg of 'lean mass' per year with only having to train two times a day 6 days a week.

What are u trying to sell ?? Lolll 25 kgs of lean mass u would need 3 grams a week of test lol